• Hannah Gilmore
  • "Is it hard to get a seat at Cafe du Monde?"

Hannah Gilmore

West Hartford, Connecticut

Is it hard to get a seat at Cafe du Monde?

People keep telling me that I have to visit this world famous restaurant for beignets and coffee!  Since it's so popular, would it be hard to get a seat?  Should/can I make reservations?  Also, is it kid-friendly?

• Avery Zimmer

I once went there with my husband and kids on a Friday afternoon. It was busy! Since we're a party of five, we couldn't be seated right away, but the wait was very quick. It doesn't look like people dine there for long; most just finish their coffee and beignets and leave, so very quick turn around.

As for kids, it's totally fine. We brought our three munchkins there (between the ages of 7 and 12) and it was no problem. In fact, the super sweet waitress doted on them.

• Hannah G.

Hannah G.

Thanks so much, Avery! That's exactly what I needed to know! · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Avery a Thank You Note