• Melanie Wynne
  • "Any suggestions for restaurants in Napa...that aren't run by Thomas Keller? ;)"

Melanie Wynne

Los Angeles, California

Any suggestions for restaurants in Napa...that aren't run by Thomas Keller? ;)

I'm headed to Napa for a girls' weekend in early August, and would love to try some less-discovered spots for one breakfast and a couple of dinners. (Chef Thomas Keller has brought his Bouchon empire to L.A., where I live, so I now feel less inclined to seek out his famous restaurants while I'm in the area.) My friends and I eat just about everything, and we lean more towards casual than fancy. 

• Debbie Lee

Fun! Gotta love a weekend in Napa with the girls :)

For breakfast, I suggest the Boon Fly Cafe -- green eggs and ham, bacon bloody marys, housemade donuts... you can't go wrong. They're pretty much the go-to for breakfast up there. They're a little way's from downtown though, so here are some other options: Alexis Baking Company is good for your typical breakfast fare, like eggs benedict, various pancakes (lemon ricotta and cornbread!), and even have Mexican options. If you just want to grab some really good baked goods to go, head to Model Bakery .

I know you didn't ask for lunch, but I can't help but throw this out there -- Gott's Roadside . There's one in Napa and one in St. Helena. Their burgers are sooooo good!!! My favorite is their ahi burger with wasabi aioli on an egg bun (salivating as I type). They serve local beer and wine with their burgers. I've never tried, but they actually also have a breakfast menu from 7 AM to 11 AM, then they start serving their all day menu after 11. I feel like to get the best experience here, go in the day time so you can sit outside in the sun while you enjoy your food, so this could even be an early dinner spot.

As for fairly casual dinner options (for Napa), there are so many really good options:

I tried my best to hold back giving way too many suggestions and this is the best I could do ;) You're not at a shortage for good food in Napa!!!

• Melanie W.

Melanie W.

Devora, this is an amazing list -- thank you! The only problem is that now I'm hungry... :) · (2 likelikes)

My pleasure! And haha, just two more months! :) · (0 likelikes)

1. The Boon Fly Cafe (restaurant)
    2. Alexis Baking Company (restaurant)
    3. Model Bakery (restaurant)
    4. Gott's Roadside (restaurant)
    5. Ristorante Allegria (restaurant)
    6. Uva Trattoria Italiana (restaurant)
    7. Carpe Diem Wine Bar (attraction)
    8. Tarla Grill (restaurant)
    9. Zuzu (restaurant)
    10. Bounty Hunter Wine Bar & Smokin' BBQ (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Debbie a Thank You Note