• K AWorldAway
  • "Recommendations for 3 week honeymoon itinerary in Southeast Asia"

K AWorldAway

San Francisco, California

Recommendations for 3 week honeymoon itinerary in Southeast Asia

I'm planning a three week honeymoon in Southeast Asia in February (wish I could go for 2 months instead)!  I really want to go to Bagan, Myanmar.  Likely will fly in and out of Bangkok since those seem to be the cheapest flights.  We want to experience some city, some cultural/historical sites and some beach/diving.  Any recommendations for 3 week itineraries?  I don't mind short flights to different places, don't know when I will back to that region so want to experience the best it has to offer!  

• Valorie Darling

I did a two week trip through Thailand over Christmas and saw so much and didn't feel like we moved too fast... We flew into Bangkok for cheapest flights (there is a ton of history and temples, markets to see) but I was ready to leave as soon as we did the usual (I wouldn't stay longer than 3 days. We did two, mainly to book travel within the country) My favorite island was Koh Tao. It was smaller and soooo beautiful. It has great snorkeling and the perfect place to spend your honeymoon. We stayed at the end of the island and our hotel was epic with our our wrap around patio looking over the water. (Dusit Buncha Resort.) I did a series of blogs while I was there (www.skinnyfatgirldiary.com/thailand) and getting up north to Chiang Mai was the best decision we made. It was great to see other island like Koh Samui (partying). Koh Phi Phi (The Beach) but they were way more touristy. Chang Mai we did a four days there and could have stayed for two weeks and still had stuff to do. We did a Thai cooking class, elephant trekking, pet tigers, explored night markets and adored the city. In the four days between the two of us with all those adventures and accommodations we only under $400! We didn't make it to Burma, but dying to get back.

• Katie W.

Katie W.

This trip sounds incredible! · (0 likelikes)

1. Thailand (country)
    3. Koh Tao (island)
    4. Dusit Buncha Resort (hotel)
    5. Chiang Mai (city)
    6. Koh Samui (island)
    7. Koh Phi Phi (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Valorie a Thank You Note