Jillian Geer

Los Angeles, California

Most pet-friendly airline?

Okay, animal lovers... you know who you are! What are the best airline experiences you've had with your pet?

From bookings to the actual flight, what airline made you and your pet most comfortable? I've recently started flying with my dog and I want to make sure I'm choosing the most pet-friendly airlines out there. I'd love to hear your stories!

• Elaina Ricker

I actually work for Southwest Airlines. And as long as your dog can fit in the pet carrier you'll be good. Now it has to be able to move around inside the pet carrier. But if you don't have one you can always purchase the carrier at the airport. They're $45 and you know you'll be good to fit it under the seat in front of you.. It's $95 each way for your pet to travel. But at least it's with you in the aircraft rather than in cargo. It does count as one of your bags that you are taking on board so just take note of that! Hope that helps!!

• Valerie A.

Valerie A.

Good to know :) What about cats?? · (2 likelikes)

• Elaina R.

Elaina R.

Cats have the same policy! Just make sure they have enough room to move around. I think you can have up to two cats and dogs in 1 carrier. They have to be the same pet though in one carrier! · (1 likelikes)

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

Thank you, Elaina. I appreciate it. That's a cheaper fare than some others I've been looking at too. · (1 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Elaina a Thank You Note