• erik jansen
  • "Places to eat/drink for a nice but casual night out in Minne."

erik jansen

Brooklyn, New York

Places to eat/drink for a nice but casual night out in Minne.

My wife and I will be visiting friends and checking out the city (perhaps to move to) this October and would love some recomendations on places to eat. We've been told that we'd like "Hennepin Avenue" in the Uptown neighborhood. So anywhere around there would be cool as we'd like to check out that hood as well. 

• Chino Latino (restaurant)

2916 Hennepin Ave Minneapolis 55408.0 (612) 824-7878

• Bar La Grassa (attraction)

Minneapolis MN

• 112 Eatery (restaurant)

112 N 3rd St Minneapolis MN 55401 (612) 343-7696

• colleen nelson

Uptown has many great places to eat - some of my favorites are: Lucia's (midwest farm to table cuisine in a bistro setting) great for dinner lunch & brunch, Tryg's (american fusion), Chino Latino (Asian/Latin fusion - make sure to order to share) - fun loud eclectic, Burger Jones (upscale interesting great burgers. There are also a lot of new places in the Calhoun Square . For Downtown: Monte Carlo Restaurant (cool bar & great food), 112 Eatery (sit on the 1st floor if you can, J.D. Hoyt's (best chops in town), Saffron Restaurant (mediterranean), Sawatdee on Washington Ave, Bar La Grassa $$$ upcale, Sanctuary $$$, Mission American Kitchen & Bar $$$ Midwest comfort food, Zelo -- excellent Italian!!! Masa (designer mexican).

• Michael C.

Michael C.

Saffron for sure. Its Greek To Me also. Dont forget about St Paul! · (1 likelikes)

• Bobbie P.

Bobbie P.

Chino Latino is a great spot! Definitely order to share like Colleen suggested. · (1 likelikes)

• erik j.

erik j.

Thanks!! Planning out our trip now. Going to make a check list with your suggestions and work it out with my friend that we're staying with : ) · (0 likelikes)

• Kelly L.

Kelly L.

So many options - assuming you want to go local (vs. chain which some of the above posts contain) and have a wonderful cozy farm to table culinary experience I'd go for @Tilia which is right near "the lakes" close to Uptown, @Cafe Barbette right in Uptown (sunday brunch there is good too), @Haute Dish right on the edge of the Warehouse district and close to Target Field downtown...and if you go there you should definitely hit @Marvel Bar for a craft cocktail before or after dinner it's sort of a modern speakeasy feel, and lastly, @Borrough also on Washington...again hit Marvel Bar too. You can wear jeans and a sweater to any of these but the food is off the charts on all of them...I'd put all of them on equal footing with Barbette falling short a bit putting it behind. Hopefully you can go out to eat more than once cuz we've got options!! · (0 likelikes)

1. Lucia's (restaurant)
    2. Tryg's (attraction)
    3. Chino Latino (restaurant)
    4. Burger Jones (restaurant)
    5. Calhoun Square (attraction)
    6. Monte Carlo Restaurant (attraction)
    7. 112 Eatery (restaurant)
    8. J.D. Hoyt's (attraction)
    9. Saffron Restaurant (restaurant)
    10. Sawatdee (attraction)
    11. Bar La Grassa (attraction)
    12. Sanctuary (restaurant)
    13. Mission American Kitchen & Bar (restaurant)
    14. Zelo (restaurant)
    15. Masa (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send colleen a Thank You Note