• Keith Spence
  • "Nice places to stay and things to do"

Keith Spence

Denver, Colorado

Nice places to stay and things to do

My wife and I are taking a fun trip to Minneapolis, so we'd love some recommendations on places to stay and things to do.  It has been nearly a decade since we've been there, so we're really open to anything.

• Rachel J.

Rachel J.

What month will you be there? Everything in Minnesota changes from one season to the next... · (0 likelikes)

• Corey Partin

When it comes to things to do the list can be endless when it comes to Minneapolis. Here are my favorites:

Mill Ruins Park: Mill Ruins Park is constructed of the remains of old mills from around the state and has been turned into a gorgeous park. The adjoining museum has lots of interesting information on how mills such as Pillsbury (whose original mill stands across the river) and General Mills put Minnesota on the map.

Minneapolis Institute Of Arts: The MIA is a gem when it comes to art museums. People are always amazing at the big names the MIA houses.

Stone Arch Bridge: This bridge is gorgeous and one of the oldest bridges in the state, dating back to 1881. At the base of the bridge is a small park where you can catch some amazing shots of the brickwork. Walking through the park will lead you to the base of the old Pillsbury Mill, which is currently going through restoration.

Fort Snelling State Park: Fort Snelling is easy to miss if you don't know it's there. As a major piece of Minnesota history the fort is a must. Tours are offered as well as reenactments throughout the summer. The fort sits on the river as well, which provides some gorgeous views. (In St. Paul)

Wabasha Street Caves: These caves are a cool part of Minnesota's history. Take a tour and you'll learn that they once served as a speak easy during prohibition and that's just the beginning. If you're into ghosts, they're also supposedly haunted. (In St. Paul)

Padelford Riverboat: These historic boats offer a fun tour of the Mississippi, the caves it features and Fort Snelling. Well worth a trip. (In St. Paul)

Awesome ideas, Corey! · (1 likelikes)

1. Mill Ruins Park (attraction)
    2. Minneapolis Institute Of Arts (attraction)
    3. Stone Arch Bridge (attraction)
    4. Fort Snelling State Park (attraction)
    5. Wabasha Street Caves (attraction)
    6. Padelford Riverboat (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Corey a Thank You Note