• Pattie Waters
  • "Non-Tourist Ideas for a Tourist"

Pattie Waters

Boise, Idaho

Non-Tourist Ideas for a Tourist

My husband and I will be on Maui in October. Spending few nights Lahaina, couple nights Kihei. Our priority is deep sea fishing - suggestions for a captain or charter company? Also considering ziplining, helicopter tour, rent a beater local Jeep to go to Hana. Suggestions for good local eating? We want to avoid typical touristy spots, want nothing to do with a tour bus and don't want to sit through a torchlight luau dinner show. We don't golf or scuba dive, but kayaking would be okay - though have been warned of sharks that time of year?  We have both just turned 50 so want to have fun but at a relaxing pace. Did I mention the priority of good local eats?

• Karm Glasgow

Gannon's Restaurant , 100 Wailea Golf Club Dr. Wailea is the best restaurant with the most amazing view on the island. Their French toast for breakfast is the best. The view is so beautiful, you just want to linger. The service

Mama's Fish House Restaurant in Paia is also an experience not to be missed. You are right on the ocean. The fish is wonderful.

Pacific Whale Foundation can't be beat for anything they offer. I would check with them as far as deep sea fishing.

Don't miss the sunsets. Keawakapu Beach is the best. Right around 6, people begin to gather to celebrate the setting sun. It is moving.

One more restaurant I loved was Buzz's Wharf on Maalaea Bay. The desserts and drinks are so good that you almost have to share an entree.

• Pattie W.

Pattie W.

Thanks! Right on target for what we're looking for. · (0 likelikes)

1. Gannon's Restaurant (restaurant)
    2. Mama's Fish House Restaurant (restaurant)
    3. Pacific Whale Foundation (attraction)
    4. Keawakapu Beach (attraction)
    5. Buzz's Wharf (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Karm a Thank You Note