• Tiffany Weber
  • "What other things should I see and do during my October trip to Massachusetts to attend the Makepeace Cranberry Festival?"

Tiffany Weber

Corvallis, Oregon

What other things should I see and do during my October trip to Massachusetts to attend the Makepeace Cranberry Festival?

Is it too cold to enjoy the beach?  What other local foods should I try (besides the cranberry).

• Sarah Harju Beals

Yes, much too cold for the beach. It is peak foliage season during the Cranberry Festival so taking a drive is always beautiful. Rte 2 West, which goes across the state West to East is a beautiful drive for foliage. Depends on what you like. Concord, MA has great literary attractions like The Orchard House Orchard House, Walden Pond State Reservation Walden Pond, Revolutionary War stuff ( Battle Of Lexington and Concord where the shot heard round the world was fired.) Of course, BOSTON. :) You could do the Freedom Trail , or grab cannoli and cappuchino in the NORTH END. ( Mike's Pastry is famous but touristy. The locals go to Modern Pastry Shop , which is SO not modern, but is awesome. lol For great Italian food, try La Famiglia Giorgio's !)

Sarah, all the great MA knowledge that you're dropping here is making me want to visit! By the way, did you know that you can actually tag all of the locations that you mentioned here and they'll be plotted on a map underneath you answer? You can do this by simply typing in the @-symbol, then typing the name of the place. Give it a try! I'm the community manager around here so please do let me know if you have any questions :) · (1 likelikes)

• Tiffany W.

Tiffany W.

Perfect, Sarah! Thank you. I love to know the local take on things and will definitely try The Modern Bakery while I'm there AND the Route 2 drive. I like just about everything and just want to take in the area and get a feel for what makes Mass special. :) · (1 likelikes)

1. The Orchard House (attraction)
    2. Walden Pond State Reservation (attraction)
    3. Battle Of Lexington Monument (attraction)
    4. The Freedom Trail (attraction)
    5. Mike's Pastry (restaurant)
    6. Modern Pastry Shop (restaurant)
    7. La Famiglia Giorgio's (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Sarah Harju a Thank You Note