• Della Beaver
  • "Things to do in Marrakech on a solo trip"

Della Beaver

Chester, Pennsylvania

Things to do in Marrakech on a solo trip

I'm traveling solo to Marrakech in May. I will be there for 8 days. There are a few things that I would like to do:  Balloon Ride, Camel Ride, Spa Treatment, Essouria Tour.  I see a lot of these tours advertised on Viator.  Is it better to book the trips now through Viator or wait until I get to Marrakech.  The 4 tours that I am interested in costs a total of $400.00, which is fine.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for things to do?

• Crystal Leturno

Hello there,

I didn't take any tours while I was in Marrakech last year and had a great time! Not to talk you out of doing any tours, as some of them do look pretty cool. I just wanted you to be aware that there are a bunch of things you can do on your own too if you are an independent minded traveler.

At each riad that I stayed at there was information on tours, and I doubt that they would cost more than booking them on Viator. I'm not sure if all accommodation would have something like this, but I bet a lot of them do or would know where to point you. If you have your heart set on a particular camel ride or hot air balloon flight then I would book it in advance just to be safe. But if you are flexible it would be easy to book while you are there as well. Spa treatments would be easy to do any time, no need to book in advance.

There are lots of attractions you can walk to if you are staying in or near the Medina, including the Medina itself! As many people say, getting lost walking around the Medina is one of the best parts. Going to the main square- Jemaa EL Fnaa- at night to watch the street performers, eat at one of the stalls, and drink a fresh glass of orange juice is one of the quintessential things to do.

Probably my favorite attraction in the city was the Ben Youssef Madrasa. The tile work and detail to the building is amazing!

If you are interested in the history of the region I recommend the Musee Tiskiwin. It's a little dusty, but the artifacts collected from the different caravan routes I found very interesting.

I think if I go back to Marrakesh I would do a food tour. I would just like some more explanation about everything I ate!

I hope this was helpful! Happy travels!

• Della B.

Della B.

Thanks Crystal. I appreciate the advice! I think I will book the air balloon and the one day trip to Essouria (I hope the spelling is right) and just leave the other days open to explore! · (0 likelikes)

• Della B.

Della B.

I am looking forward to going to a spa! · (0 likelikes)

1. Marrakech (city)
    2. Jemaa EL Fnaa (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Crystal a Thank You Note