Alana Bush

Spokane, Washington

Good waterfront restaurants?

Seeing how cold where I live right now, I'd like to experience water that's not falling on me from the sky and warmth when I visit Southern California this winter!  I'll be coming to town with a friend and would really like some names of good waterfront restaurants. Any other waterfront activity suggestions are also welcome, but mostly I'd like to find out about the restaurants. 

• The Strand House (restaurant)

117 Manhattan Beach Blvd. Manhattan Beach CA 90266

• Cafe Del Rey (restaurant)

4451 Admiralty Way Marina Del Rey CA 90292

• The Cheesecake Factory (restaurant)

4142 Via Marina Marina Del Rey CA 90292

• TJ Trapp

Hi Alana,

Marina del Rey does not have many waterfront restaurants.

The ocean is bordered by private homes, except for the Venice Whaler Bar & Grill , which serves bar food. You can eat upstairs at the Whaler and have a nice view of the ocean.

You can eat at a restaurant that borders the marina. There are a few of them but none have spectacular views of the water. The best bet for a view is to eat at The Cheesecake Factory and sit on the back patio. You'll be able to see Mother's Beach and get a good view of the sand and water. Here's a pic I snapped from The Cheesecake Factory patio during a dinner with my family.

The Cheesecake Factory

Another restaurant, Chart House Restaurant (13950 Panay Way), has a back "patio" where you can sit and see some boats parked in their slips. You may even see a sea lion or two.

For activities in the Marina, you can rent a kayak or stand-up paddle board from Marina Paddle . Additionally, during the summer months, you can ride the Marina Del Rey Water Bus (web site) by paying $1 per person per one-way to get picked up at any one of their pick up spots and dropped off at another spot around the Marina. This is a totally fun way to get from one end of the Marina to the other.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your trip.

• Alana B.

Alana B.

I find it surprising that there aren't more waterfront restaurants! This is good to know. I'm not a fan of going to big chain restaurants, but for a good view, I could go for a slice of cheesecake! That's great to know about the water bus too. Thank you for your help TJ! · (0 likelikes)

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

I love Mothers beach! Just discovered it the other day. · (0 likelikes)

1. Venice Whaler Bar & Grill (attraction)
    2. The Cheesecake Factory (restaurant)
    3. Mother's Beach (attraction)
    4. Chart House Restaurant (restaurant)
    5. Marina Paddle (attraction)
    6. Marina Del Rey Water Bus (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send TJ a Thank You Note