Diego Magalhães

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

New year's eve at Manhattan?

I just love Manhattan (http://www.trippy.com/question/Manhattan-Easter-for-a-seasoned-visitor) and I'm now coming to Trippy again to know what should I consider and do from xmas 'til new year's eve and:

• Since it's my first time with snow there, what I should take note or care with?
  • How that early access pass works in the night of Dec/31? is it worth? Any recomendations?
  • I always shop on amazon and stores, but with all that snow, what and where should I focus (will be that hard to walk and roam around?)
  • What new yorkers do with all that snow, what kind of activities should I prefer or look for?

Any suggestion on things to do, activities, meetup, parties etc, pleaseeee, include it here!

We're currently planning to get there Dec/24 and stay 'til Jan/03.

Thanks again folks!

• Central Park (attraction)

14 E. 60th St New York NY 10023-6004 (212) 310-6600

• Fifth Avenue (attraction)

Fifth Ave New York New York 10022

• Times Square (metro area)

714 7th Avenue New York City New York 10036 (212) 768-1560

• Polly Beam

Hi Diego! Some years, we have snow between Christmas and New Years, but often we don't. If there is snow, unless it's a big storm (which we had several of last winter), life goes on as usual. Snow is removed from the sidewalks and roads quickly, but the streets are still wet and dirty. The most important thing about visiting New York in the winter is bringing plenty of warm clothes.Sturdy shoes and warm socks are necessary!

As far as winter activities go, it's a great time to see shows, go to museums, shop, and eat lots of good food. If it does snow, a walk through Central Park is a great way to enjoy the weather. If this is your first time seeing NY in the winter, I'd also do a lot of touristy things, like seeing the window displays on Fifth Avenue, the NBC (NY) Employees FCU tree, and either the Rockettes show or the Nutcracker ballet. It's a great, but really busy, time to see the city.

• Polly B.

Polly B.

Oh! And on Christmas Day, eating in Chinatown and going to a movie is a fun way to spend the day. There are lots of Christmas Eve candlelight services at beautiful churches as well. · (1 likelikes)

1. Central Park (attraction)
    2. Fifth Avenue (attraction)
    3. NBC (NY) Employees FCU (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Polly a Thank You Note