• Julia Bloch
  • "3-4 week multi-country honeymoon: help us pick countries!"

Julia Bloch

Brooklyn, New York

3-4 week multi-country honeymoon: help us pick countries!

Hello! My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon and we are trying to figure out the best combination of countries to visit. We're very lucky to have 3-4 weeks to travel (depending on how long we can make our budget stretch!). We have Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Thailand, and Laos in mind.

Our idea is to combine rugged travel (maybe 1 step above backpacking) with some luxury days (it is our honeymoon, after all!). We want to experience culture, food, architecture, history -- and also adventure! So snorkeling, hiking/climbing, etc. 

Is it too ambitious to try to hit 3 countries?

We'll be leaving from New York mid- to late-May, which I think can be rainy season in that part of the world. I don't mind a few hours of rain a day, as long as we don't get stuck in a monsoon!

Thanks in advance for your recommendations!

• Zach Weisman

Hello. I did a trip with my (now wife) 2 years ago to Thailand and Cambodia and it was incredible. Highlights include Bangkok (Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11), Chiang Mai (Elephant Nature Parkwhere you "help" elephants rather than exploit or ride them). We went to Siem Reap to see Angkor Wat and it was unreal experience. Then we went to Phuket and stayed at The Westin Siray Bay Resort and Spa (beautiful and well priced). Then went to Phi Phi Islands and stayed at Phi phi The Beach Resort which was awesome. Then went to Railey Beach which was magical and stayed at Railay Bay Resort And Spa. Our trip was 2 weeks and was amazing! If we had more time I would have extended each of those places and then gone to another few places.

We also did a trip to Bali this year for our honeymoon which was very awesome as well. More quiet, calm and cultural...but awesome.

• Julia B.

Julia B.

Thanks for your answer! Can I ask what time of year you went? We're trying to avoid super rainy weather... · (0 likelikes)

1. Thailand (country)
    2. Cambodia (country)
    4. Aloft Bangkok - Sukhumvit 11 (hotel)
    5. Chiang Mai (city)
    6. Elephant Nature Park (attraction)
    7. Siem Reap (state)
    8. Angkor Wat (attraction)
    9. Phuket (city)
    10. The Westin Siray Bay Resort and Spa (attraction)
    11. Phi Phi Islands (attraction)
    12. Railey Beach (attraction)
    13. Railay Bay Resort And Spa (hotel)
    14. Bali (island)

• ·
    • ·

Send Zach a Thank You Note