My mom's 1st time in LA

Hi, guys!  

My mom and I are going to stay in El Segundo, for 2 weeks. I'd love to get some ideas of restaurants and activities in Los Angeles that would be cool for her :) 

She's afraid of water and also afraid of heights! So let's skip kayaking, and bungee jumping haha 

We love nature, gardens and walking surrounded by green. We also prefer veggies and non-spicy food. I hope I can show her some traditional spots in LA, too.  

Thanks in advance!

• Mathilde Baillet

Hi Geise! I have recently highlighted some of the great spots on few blog articles, you can go check it out: http://mathildebaillet.tumblr.com/post/95353838073/incredible-l-a

Basically, what I do love: walk by Venice Canals Walkway, Venice Beach and Boardwalk, and Abbot Kinney Blvd, buy organic fruits at Venice Farmers Market on Fridays (7-11am), visit Downtown (2-hour historic tour with www.FreeLAtour.com), hike in Malibu hills, visit Hammer Museum (contemporary art) & definitely go to Getty Museum- even if you're not into museums, the park & the view are amazing! You can also hang out at Fairfax High School flea market on Sundays, it's pretty cool!

For food, I'd go to Sunny Spot for great sandwiches, The Counter for customized (veggie) burgers, Superba Food + Bread for delicious bread & croissants (ideal for brunch), Bottega Louie for yummy pastries, or further north, to Malibu Seafood for awesome (& cheap) seafood.

Hope she'll like it as much as I did :)

• Geise B.

Geise B.

Hi, Mathilde!!! Thank u for the 12 cool suggestions! That's a complete trip :))) · (1 likelikes)

• Lyn C.

Lyn C.

Very complete! Nothing against El Segundo (I grew up there), but why are you staying there? I have lived in Manhattan Beach (next town south) for over 40 years and it is so much nicer! Places to eat here: Tin Roof in Manhattan Mall; The Kettle (American) downtown M. In fact, there are lots of good restaurants downtown MB - El Sombrero (Mexican), Old Venice (Italian and Greek), MB Post, Uncle Bill's Pancake House (breakfast and lunch only) among the many. If you eat in El Segundo, my favorite restaurant there is Chef Hannes on Main Street. · (1 likelikes)

• Mathilde B.

Mathilde B.

Hey Lyn, ahah I am enjoying Venice so far but thanks for sharing all the good places in Manhattan Beach! May I suggest you to "write an answer" to that question instead of commenting, so that you can place them on the map... and everyone can get to see your wonderful pieces of advice! :) Thanks! · (0 likelikes)

1. Venice Canals Walkway (attraction)
    2. Venice Beach Boardwalk (attraction)
    3. Abbot Kinney Blvd (attraction)
    4. Venice Farmers Market (restaurant)
    5. Hammer Museum (attraction)
    6. Getty Museum (attraction)
    7. Fairfax High School (attraction)
    8. Sunny Spot (restaurant)
    9. The Counter (restaurant)
    10. Superba Food + Bread (restaurant)
    11. Bottega Louie (restaurant)
    12. Malibu Seafood (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Mathilde a Thank You Note