• Joanne Meneses
  • "Must sees + bar & restaurant ideas for first timers in LA?"

Joanne Meneses

Florida

Must sees + bar & restaurant ideas for first timers in LA?

I will be visiting Los Angeles the first time with a group of 14 of us (ages 22 to 55).   We only have 5 days, so what's a must see?   And any suggestions on roof top bars/lounges?  Restaurants?   Thank you.

• Parker S.

Parker S.

This is a nice post in an interesting line of content.Thanks for sharing this article, great way of bring such topic to discussion. · (0 likelikes)

• Hollywood Sign (attraction)

3204 Canyon Lake Drive Los Angeles CA 90038-2602 (323) 258-4338 ‎

• Perch (restaurant)

448 S Hill St 13th F Los Angeles CA 90013

• Bottega Louie (restaurant)

700 S Grand Ave Los Angeles CA 90014 (213) 802-1470

• Amy Bielawski

I've been to L.A. I think 10 times, so I have many places to recommend. Another restaurant that has been around since the 40's in Burbank is Smoke House Restaurant, the servers have been there forever, there is half priced happy hour food and drink, and you have to have the grilled artichoke.... sooooo good.

Smoke House Restaurant

If you want a little more throwback, Barney's Beaneryis where Jim Morrison used to hang out. I heard the best karaoke singers ever there.

Barney's Beanery

Venice Beachused to be cool, but the vibe has changed, so I would stay Santa Monica Beach along with looking around Third Street Promenade, since there is a lot going on there. I agree to check out Bar Marmontand Formosa Cafewhere many stars used to hang out including Elizabeth Taylor and Elvis.

Formosa Cafe

I would also hike Hollywood Sign, great views and good little workout. If you want cheap shopping It's A Wrap! Westside, where you will find inexpensive clothes from movies and tv shows. I could go on, but I think those are my faves that I can remember. Driving around is not hard, esp with gps and I did it by myself last time.

Wow, nice, Amy! Great ideas! · (1 likelikes)

• Joanne M.

Joanne M.

Awesome, Thanks so much... · (1 likelikes)

• Valerie A.

Valerie A.

Completely agree about those grilled artichokes! Might have to go get some myself after work... · (1 likelikes)

• Amy B.

Amy B.

Yes, the artichokes are orgasmic, really. · (0 likelikes)

• Courtney R.

Courtney R.

Some great, classics in here, Amy! · (1 likelikes)

1. Smoke House Restaurant (attraction)
    2. Barney's Beanery (restaurant)
    3. Venice Beach (city)
    4. Santa Monica Beach (attraction)
    5. Third Street Promenade (attraction)
    6. Bar Marmont (attraction)
    7. Formosa Cafe (restaurant)
    8. Hollywood Sign (attraction)
    9. It's A Wrap! Westside (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Amy a Thank You Note