• Amy Wunderlich
  • "LA in a day (or two)- what are the must sees?"

Amy Wunderlich

Kansas City

LA in a day (or two)- what are the must sees?

My husband and I are planning a quick weekend in LA here in a few weeks. I've travelled there for work, but have never really seen the 'sights'; he hasn't ever been. We are staying Friday night downtown, and Saturday night in Venice Beach. Can you suggest an itinerary that would help us see the 'musts' in a short period of time. We'd planned on using Uber or cabbing it, but could rent a car if need be. 

• Griffith Observatory (attraction)

2800 E Observatory Ave. Los Angeles CA 90027 (213) 473-0800

• The Getty Center (attraction)

1200 Getty Center Dr Ste 100 Los Angeles CA 90049 (310) 440-7300

• Gjelina (restaurant)

1429 Abbot Kinney Boulevard Los Angeles CA 90291 (310) 450-1429

• Valerie Axworthy

If you're staying downtown, I recommend going and catching the sunset at the Griffith Observatory, it's beautiful!

Downtown has an awesome brewery in the arts district called Angel City Brewery that's a fun spot during the day. Right around the corner is a super good pie spot called The Pie Hole (earl grey pie, anyone?). I love walking around Little Tokyo, especially around dusk, I love the way the lights hang.

If you're looking for an awesome Mexican food restaurant, Mexicali Taco is amazing! Some of the best chorizo I've ever had. If you're not into Mexican, check out Mo-Chica.

Ok for Venice Beach,

Catch the sunset happy hour on the rooftop of Hotel Erwin (get there around 4-5 the line gets long!)

Walking down Abbot Kinney is always fun if you're in the mood for some shopping, you might even see a celebrity! I always see them down there.

I always like renting bikes and just riding down the strand, maybe stop in Manhattan Beach and grab some burgers at Simmzy's then bike back! That could take a chunk of the day, but it's a pretty ride!

1. Griffith Observatory (attraction)
    2. Angel City Brewery (attraction)
    3. The Pie Hole (restaurant)
    4. Little Tokyo (neighborhood)
    5. Mexicali Taco (restaurant)
    6. Mo-Chica (restaurant)
    7. Venice Beach (city)
    8. Hotel Erwin (hotel)
    9. Abbot Kinney (attraction)
    10. Manhattan Beach (city)
    11. Simmzy's (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Valerie a Thank You Note