• jurriaan Teulings
  • "Great places to visit and eat near LAX airport?"

jurriaan Teulings

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Great places to visit and eat near LAX airport?

Hi, just before embarking on a road trip to San Francisco, I will have a short stay at a hotel near LAX airport in April. What are some places nearby that I could visit without making the schlepp to WeHo, etc? I'd be interested in beaches, restaurants, and local sights (but preferably not the obvious ones) and I like photography, hipster places, contemporary art, design, and vegetarian/Asian/Mediterranean food.

• Spencer Spellman

Some really great places in the beach cities right around LAX. I mean my first stop is In-N-Out Burger, which is the closest, and inherently California, but I imagine you want something more local/hipster. I'd head straight for Playa Del Rey, which is essentially the beach that you fly over going in and out of LAX. It's a hood that even a lot of locals don't go to. Great beach (and only one with firepits in the city), Dockweiler State Beach, and then a couple great restaurants, including Playa Provisions, which is great for happy hour or dinner, and Senor G's, which is an awesome little Mexican spot. BOMB burritos.

Playa Del Reyimage from housesellerla.comPlaya Del Reyimage from whiskeytangoglobetrot.com

• jurriaan T.

jurriaan T.

good stuff, thanks! · (0 likelikes)

1. In-N-Out Burger (restaurant)
    2. Playa Del Rey (city)
    3. Dockweiler State Beach (attraction)
    4. Playa Provisions (restaurant)
    5. Senor G's (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Spencer a Thank You Note