Gordon Tindall

Ojai, California

Eating alone in LA?

I'm working in a new location and driving home right after work is nearly impossible. Where are some good places to stop where I wont feel out of place eating alone?

Looking for places preferably West of the 405 between Manhattan Beach and Northridge.

Edit: Thanks for the great answers so far. To be more specific I'm looking for something along the lines of Father's Office or a cheaper (and quicker) version of Milo and Olive. Also, a big fan of Thai and Japanese food.

• Thai Talay (attraction)

8441 Lincoln Blvd Westchester CA 90045 (310) 670-3055

• Whole Foods Market (attraction)

760 S. Sepulveda Blvd. El Segundo CA 90245 (310) 333-1900

• Jason Carlin

I work in Venice and live in Eagle Rock, so I feel your pain. Let's see if I can come up with anything.

Eat at the bar at A-Frame in Culver City! The food is incredible, as are the drinks, and the bar staff is friendly as all get-out.

Father's Office is a bit further east, but I've used it many times as a port in stormy traffic. On a nice night you can grab a seat on a bench on the patio. They seat 8, but there are always parties of 2 or 3 occupying only one half of the table. I suggest reading on your Kindle or iPad or something paper because sitting around playing with your phone ain't nobody's idea of awesome.

• Gordon T.

Gordon T.

Thanks for the response Jason. I appreciate it. I think A-Frame is a new one for me. Maybe I'll go there tonight on my way out. · (0 likelikes)

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

+1 for A Frame. You have to check it out! · (0 likelikes)

1. A-Frame (restaurant)
    2. Father's Office II (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jason a Thank You Note