• Jillian Geer
  • "Best weekend getaways from Los Angeles?"

Jillian Geer

Los Angeles, California

Best weekend getaways from Los Angeles?

My mom is coming to visit me in Venice for a week in April and we want to getaway! We're looking for a destination to relax, hit up the spa, wine taste or have a great meal, do some boutique shopping, and maybe go for an easy hike? Since this will be for 1-2 nights, would like to keep it within 3 hours (one way).  

Out of all the amazing places, if you have to pick 1 destination for a visitor to see, what is the best destination for a weekend getaway from L.A. and why? 

• Ojai (city)

Ojai California

• Santa Barbara (city)

Santa Barbara California

• Bacara Resort & Spa (attraction)

8301 Hollister Avenue Goleta CA 93117-2474 (805) 968-0100

• Trevor Morrow

Hi Jillian,

Gosh the possibilities here are almost endless, there are so many great 1-2 night trips to take within 3 hours of LA. I'm going to give you 3 of my top favorites, all of which provide a totally different vibe/atmosphere and geography.

1) Ojai

Based on what you mentioned, I think Ojai, a small/sleepy town with rolling green hills and farms fits the bill. Really, the only things to do in Ojai is to relax, go to the spa, eat locally grown food and drink wine. I'd suggest checking out Ojai Valley Inn & Spa which is the go-to hotel in the area. And for a casual Italian meal on a nice patio, check out Osteria Monte Grappa.

Ojai Valley Inn and Spa

2) Laguna Beach

If you and your mom prefer the beach, then Laguna Beach is the place to go. There is a beautiful and buzzing downtown area great for walking around and shopping. I'd suggest staying at La Casa Del Camino, an amazing, vintage, boutique hotel right by the beach. Whether you stay there or not, don't pass up dinner or drinks on the hotel's rooftop -- the views of the Pacific can't be beat. To satisfy your spa needs (and if you're willing to splurge a bit) drive a few more minutes south on the Pacific Coast Highway to the Montage Laguna BeachMontage Laguna BeachThe Montage Laguna Beach

3) Palm Springs

This is a classic LA getaway. It's a bit like Ojai, but in the desert -- meaning it's a great place to go to simply relax, visit a spa and eat good food. The midcentury modern and chic The Parker, Palm Springs is a favorite. For a great smaller hotel check out Sparrows Lodge, a boutique hotel with a rustic vibe which features just 19 rooms. Palm Springs isn't short on spas and places to shop and eat, so you'll have no problem at all fulfilling that part of your trip -- but for brunch on a nice patio, check out Jake's.The Parker, Palm SpringsThe Parker Palm Springs

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

Thanks Trevor!!! Will have to let you know what I choose, but leaning towards Ojai :) · (0 likelikes)

1. Ojai Valley Inn & Spa (hotel)
    2. Osteria Monte Grappa (restaurant)
    3. La Casa Del Camino (hotel)
    4. Montage Laguna Beach (hotel)
    5. The Parker, Palm Springs (hotel)
    6. Sparrows Lodge (hotel)
    7. Jake's (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send Trevor a Thank You Note