• Jillian Geer
  • "Bachelorette party weekend for late 20s/early 30s group in Manhattan Beach?"

Jillian Geer

Los Angeles, California

Bachelorette party weekend for late 20s/early 30s group in Manhattan Beach?

One of my best friends from Chicago is having her bachelorette party in Manhattan Beach this February, and I'm helping plan it. She has been to MB a handful of times, but doesn't know enough for planning purposes. 

Although I recently moved to Los Angeles (Venice) myself, I'm also not familiar with the area. We're looking for some suggestions for a group of 6-8 women in their late 20's/early 30's for a relaxing girls weekend with beach time, fun restaurants, and one night for a more active scene outside of Manhattan Beach. 

First things first, we are looking to rent a house for the weekend from a Thursday - Sunday (3 nights total). We're hoping to stay between $350-$450 per night, and would like a place a few blocks from the beach with walking access to downtown shops & restaurants. Any trusted rental companies or houses within this price range & location? 

Here's a tentative agenda:

Thursday night, 7pm arrival: I'm picking them up from the airport. We will get settled into the house, crack open some wine and catch up!

Friday day: depending on the weather, she mentioned a day outside for boogie boarding, paddle boarding, biking, laying out, etc. Is it generally bathing suit weather in mid February? Are there any rental companies you'd recommend for these activities? For lunch, we'd like to eat down at the pier or back at the house. Any tasty pick up food/delivery places? 

Friday night: she wanted to go to MB Post (restaurant downtown MB), so we've made reservations for 7:30pm. If you've been, what's good to order on the menu? Are there any close places after to go for some after drinks? Ideally, we'd like to walk back to our place from here. As she put it, Friday will be an easy, chill night of wearing flats and seeing the town. By that she probably means a trendy, laid back atmosphere (as opposed to a dive bar). :)

Saturday day: Is there a good brunch spot to recommend? From there, we'd like to possibly schedule massages. Do you know any good spas that won't completely break the bank?! If not, we will probably skip this.

Saturday night: We were thinking it would be fun to go out in either Santa Monica or Hollywood. What is the recommended transportation for something like this? Uber? This would be the night to put some heels on and dress up, and are looking for dinner and dancing recommendations.

Sunday late morning/early afternoon departure.

Thanks for any recommendations, and please let me know in the comments section below if you have additional questions. Thanks for helping make her weekend a special one!

• Trilogy Spa (attraction)

451 Manhattan Beach Blvd Manhattan Beach CA 90266

• Shade Hotel (hotel)

1221 N Valley Drive Manhattan Beach CA 90266-4778 (310) 546-4995

• Uncle Bill's Pancake House (restaurant)

1305 Highland Avenue Manhattan Beach CA 90266-4719 (310) 545-5177

• JR Johnson

Wow. Great detail in this question. Well done! You might have a career as a bachelorette party planner after this. Your plan looks pretty great. I'll fill in some holes if i can.

On the house rental. Since Feb is off season (personally my favorite time of year to be in Manhattan Beach because even though its not true "beach weather" the air is clean and crowds are much light) finding an Airbnb or VRBO that will sleep everyone in that price range might be doable. Also, I recommend calling Barbara Bachi at 310.545.2600. She has some nicely furnished short term rentals that you won't find on the other listing sites. Tell her that I referred you.

For daytime activities: If you want to rent SUPs (stand up paddleboards) you can do it at Nikau Kai Waterman Shop and they will rent you wetsuits too. The water will be really cold and I doubt you guys will be up for it so check the water temp before you pull the trigger on a renting boards/wetsuits. A better option would be renting bikes from Fun Bunns and riding down the strand to Hermosa Beach Pier or down further to the Redondo Beach Pier . Plenty of restaurants/bars to stop for a refreshment along the way. If you want a dive bar on the beach Poop Deck is hard to beat but not sure that's your speed.

For sandwiches togo try Becker's Bakery or Manhattan Meats . Both strong choices.

Dinner at MB Post is the right call. Well done. Biscuits and brussel sprouts are the most popular items but it's all good. "The Elvis" for dessert doesn't disappoint either.

For brunch, you can hit the local greasy spoon Uncle Bill's Pancake House or if you want to take a walk up to North Manhattan Beach you can hit a local, and my personal favorite North End Caffe . Post does a great brunch too if you end up missing it for dinner. Trilogy Spa is central, easy and has a small upstair patio where you can hang out before/after massages and bring you own bottle of wine, i believe... check that though.

Good luck in Hollywood... you're on your own there.

Have a great trip Jillian!

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

Thank you, J.R.! I called Barbara and she sent me two places that are available, so hopefully we will lock one down this week. Riding bikes to Hermosa is a great idea, and we'll definitely be ordering "The Elvis" for dessert at MB Post. YUM! Thanks again, all of these suggestions are really great. · (1 likelikes)

• Jillian G.

Jillian G.

I just want to say thanks again for hooking me up with Barbara. We've locked in an AMAZING place right on the Strand. It really saved us a lot of time versus having to contact a bunch of places. Thanks! · (1 likelikes)

• JR J.

JR J.

Awesome! Glad i could help. I love this little town, so i hope you guys have a great time! · (1 likelikes)

1. Nikau Kai Waterman Shop (attraction)
    2. Fun Bunns (attraction)
    3. Hermosa Beach Pier (attraction)
    4. Redondo Beach Pier (restaurant)
    5. Poop Deck (attraction)
    6. Becker's Bakery (restaurant)
    7. Manhattan Meats (restaurant)
    8. MB Post (restaurant)
    9. Uncle Bill's Pancake House (restaurant)
    10. North End Caffe (restaurant)
    11. Trilogy Spa (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send JR a Thank You Note