• Vincent Paganon
  • "Advice for a 2 weeks holiday in the West Cost"

Vincent Paganon

Paris, France

Advice for a 2 weeks holiday in the West Cost

I'm preparing holidays of 2 weeks in Los Angeles.

What are your advices? Stay 2 weeks in LA, San Francisco, San Diego & make another trip to NY ?

Or take a flight which stops in NY for 2 days for example and then West cost?

Do we have to book a car?

What are the best things to do in LA ? To see?

Thanks

Vinz

• Jacey & Scott Mahaffy

Hi Vincent,

I wrote this California recommendation a few months ago for another Trippy question. You may find it useful. I saw spend the time driving up the coast of California. Don't waste the time on the travel-it will take you the better part of a day to get between the two cities.

If heading north from LA, spend some time on the northern areas like Malibu Beach before getting out of the metro. Santa Barbara and surrounding areas like Montecito are a great first stop! If you are taking it slow, I loved Pismo Beach which is a short drive from Santa Barbara. The area around Paso Robles has some great wineries! And as you get up towards Big Sur, make sure to stop at San Simeon to see Hearst Castle. Carmel should be your last stop before heading into the Bay Area!

• ·
    • ·

Send Jacey & Scott a Thank You Note