• Jessie Gan
  • "What's the Best Theatre show in London currently playing?"

Jessie Gan

San Jose, California

What's the Best Theatre show in London currently playing?

The wife and I will be in London for only 1 night in 2 weeks, and it happens to be a Monday night.  We would love to see some theatre, but would love some suggestions on where and what show.  We are open to pretty much anything as we are theatre fans.  I'm not sure if shows are dark on Mondays which would be a bummer, or if there are specific shows we should try and catch because they are on a short run, or have particular cast members or are in general a must see.  Any advice on where to get tickets and what to see would be greatly appreciated.

• Alex Jorge

The hottest theatre tickets in London right now are arguably for Richard III, The Crucible, A Streetcar named Desire, albeit there are always loads of excellent options to choose from. One good way of choosing the perfect play is to visit the major theatre sites: the Old Vic, Young Vic, Shaftsbury, Aldwych, Noel Coward, New London, Apollo, Savoy, Almeida, Gielgud, Duke of York, Theatre Royal, Trafalgar, Harold Pinter and, of course, the Globe and the National.

The same goes for musicals, currently playing or eminently opening: Wicked, Book of Mormon, Miss Saigon, Evita, The Lion King, Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, Made in Dagenham, The Pajama Game, Matilda, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, etc, etc.

Lastminute.com and londontheatre.co.uk are two good options to buying tickets online, but I prefer searching directly on each theatre site.

Don't worry about it being a Monday, you are sure to find at least one good play on that day ;)

Hope you have a great time in London.

AJ

• Kingsley D.

Kingsley D.

sorry, "crucible" and "Streetcar" and "Pajama Game" have closed and "The Lion King" and "Matilda" do not do Monday performances. For performances on 15 September Check http://londonshow.entstix.com/london-theatre?date=20140915&tickets=2 For performances on 22 Check http://londonshow.entstix.com/london-theatre?date=20140922&tickets=2 Look out for ones with special offers - the shows without special deals generally have a booking fee included (same goes for Lastminute etc) · (0 likelikes)

• Alex J.

Alex J.

Thanks for the update Kingsley D! · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Alex a Thank You Note