Jennifer S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Saturday evening in London

We will be in London Friday & Saturday evening in early September. We are looking for something fun to do Saturday after about 5pm until about 10pm (have an early flight the next day). Maybe a favorite pub for fish & chips, an individual tour of something (we're seeing all the usual suspects during the days, i.e. Buckingham Palace, tower bridge, Big Ben, etc). We're looking for somewhere we can go & eat & do something that doesn't involve joining a tour group.  We are 35, married, no kids, not big partiers, but enjoy a good beer or whiskey & good food.  No real budget here, but probably wouldn't want to spend more than a few $100.

• National Gallery (attraction)

Trafalgar Square City of Westminster Greater London WC2N 5DN +44 20 7747 2885

• Hawksmoor (restaurant)

11 Langley St London Greater London WC2H 9JG +44 20 7856 2154

• Julie H

A stroll along the South Bank is always a great London experience - between Waterloo and London Bridge. If you wanted to do this I recommend a fabulous gastrobpub, The Anchor & Hope near Waterloo station. You can't make reservations and its always busy but it is worth going in and having a drink in the bar while you wait for a table. The food is worth the wait!

However, if you've got some time there are so many great parts of London a little ways out of the central area. A few I would recommend are Notting Hill,Hampstead Village, and Brick Ln. All three of these are easily accessible on the tube.

• Jill J.

Jill J.

great ideas · (0 likelikes)

• Alex J.

Alex J.

Awesome ideas Julie! The Southbank is my favourite place to go on weekend nights too! Take note that the BOB Lobster truck is parked in Borough Market on weekends, lots of great places to explore in and around the market too inlcuding the delectable Roast! The bar at the Tate Modern is also excellent for a drink (great wine list) and the views are unbeatable. The southbank promenade is possibly the most pleasant walk in London too! · (0 likelikes)

1. Waterloo (attraction)
    2. London Bridge (attraction)
    3. The Anchor & Hope (attraction)
    4. Notting Hill (neighborhood)
    5. Hampstead Village (attraction)
    6. Brick Lane (neighborhood)

• ·
    • ·

Send Julie a Thank You Note