Royal watcher in London!!!!

Hi! I am a HUGE royal watcher and I'm coming to London this summer. Hopefully I'll be there for the birth of the baby, but either way, I still want to know what I should see that's related to Royalty. Thank you!

• Courtney Robinson

Melissa--

Clearly you and I were separated at birth. No human being alive is more obsessed with the Royals than I am. I could make this list a lot, lot longer, but I don't want to freak you out. I'm just trying to give you the Cliff Notes version of some of the big spots to hit.

In addition to these, you'll want to make sure you hit all the major department stores--I can pretty much promise you they'll have displays in the windows for the baby, especially Harrods. For the Jubilee last year they gave every customer a flag (I framed mine). The store windows are some of the best (free) ways to get your royal fix.

• Buckingham Palace–OK, this is a little obvious, but I thought I’d mention it. It’s about $30 to see it and it’s a lot of fun. Only open in the summer when the Queen is in Balmoral.

• If you check the royal website, you can find out where members of the royal family are going to be and when. Here’s the link: http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsandDiary/Royaldiary/Locationsandtimes.aspx

• Sloane Street/Kings Road –Kate is notorious for popping in to the shops here, especially Whistles and Jigsaw (she used to work for them). If you’re going to catch her in a candid moment, it’ll probably happen here.

• Royal Ascot–this is rumored to be one of the Queen’s all-time favorite events so she never misses it. It depends when you go, but you can definitely get a cheap ticket and if you plan it right, you can even go for free. Make sure you check the dress code rules before you go, otherwise you may not be admitted.

1. Harrods (attraction)
    2. Buckingham Palace (attraction)
    3. Sloane Street (attraction)
    4. Royal Ascot (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Courtney a Thank You Note