Cheap Transportation Fares

I will be in England for about a month.  I'll be staying about an hour north of London, and will not have a car as I cannot drive in London due to the age difference.  I am only 16.  I am wondering the cheapest way to get to and from the northern town down to London as I will want to visit London as many days as I can, but I don't want to end up paying $30 every day to get there just in transportaion as then I will only be able to afford to go a few times.  What is the cheapest option that I can buy to get to and from the city multiple times.  I am a student, but I am not an English resident so I am pretty sure that I don't qualify for the student oyster pass.  Thanks for the help.

• Stephen S.

Stephen S.

You need to be much more specific: Where are you staying, exactly? "One hour north of London" could be Leeds if by airplane or Hampstead Heath if by foot. · (0 likelikes)

• colleen nelson

You can do a student oyster pass & do not have to be a UK citizen. This is the best cheapest way to travel in London. Go on line to the transit web site to check your location and travel options. The pass works for a large area but I dont know how far north of London you are. It works for tube/trains & bus. You can but at the stations or online. If on line they will send in the UK or charge you to send to you.

• Edward R.

Edward R.

Depends where you are, but a coach might be the best option to travel back and forth. Look for national express. They only go from big towns. Let us know where you are staying. But, as Colleen said, have a student card and get a discount. · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send colleen a Thank You Note