• Joseph George
  • "Best itinerary for 3 days in London and 4 days in Paris"

Joseph George

Washington D.C., District of Columbia

Best itinerary for 3 days in London and 4 days in Paris

Could someone suggest the best 7-day itinerary for covering London and Paris for a family with 2 kids (11 year old and 7 year old)? We would prefer to cover all the major landmarks but also want to keep it interesting for our kids. Suggestions about good/safe places to stay within a reasonable budget is much appreciated.

• Eiffel Tower (attraction)

Parc du Champ de Mars Paris Île-de-France 75007 +33 892 70 12 39

• Tower Of London (attraction)

Tower Hill London Greater London EC3N 0844 482 7777

• The Louvre (attraction)

Place des Pyramides Paris 75001 +33 1 40 20 50 50

• Anna Giannarou

Things to see in London that are good for kids are a) Madame Tussauds London (bear in mind that it's 30GBP for an adult and 26GBP for kids...I see though that if you book online it's cheaper). Definitely visit Greenwich Observatory and do take the boat to get there from Westminster. Of course you'll also have to see Big Ben and the House of Parliament. You can check online when the guard change happens in Buckingham Palace I think it's a nice thing to do with kids.

Now off to Paris. Disneyland Paris will be a hit with your kids. I visited when I was 9 and again at 17, so I speak from a personal perspective. Do go up the Eiffel Tower if your kids don't have an issue with heights. I visited The Louvre when I was 9. My mum made sure we saw Venus de Milo, Winged Victory of Samothrace (I'm Greek btw) and the Mona Lisa. If you do visit it, pin point a few things you want to see and don't waste all your day there! Also go up in Montmartre at Basilique du Sacre-Coeur but in the morning. During nighttime it's not so good for kids (also speaking from personal experience). Oh! and do ride the Bateaux Mouches (the boats that go up and down the Seine) and visit Notre Dame (it's free to go inside)!

I wish I had some hotels to suggest to you, but in London I stayed with friends and in Paris I don't recall of a decent budget friendly hotel. Do search the Grand Boulevards area, there are lots of hotels there. As for London, avoid Paddington area, as well as the Imperial and President hotels in Russel Square!

Happy Planning!

2. Madame Tussauds London (attraction)
    3. Greenwich (attraction)
    4. Big Ben (attraction)
    5. Buckingham Palace (attraction)
    7. Disneyland Paris (attraction)
    8. Eiffel Tower (attraction)
    9. The Louvre (attraction)
    10. Montmartre (attraction)
    11. Basilique du Sacre-Coeur (attraction)
    12. Bateaux Mouches (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Anna a Thank You Note