Angela Lewis

San Francisco, California

Last minute trip

My company is sending me on a last minute trip to Lisbon this weekend. I know very little about the city and was looking for some recommendations on must see sights. I will have two full days and a half day when I arrive. 

I was also curious if there are any squares with a Christmas market. And if it is safe for a young woman to be out alone at night. I've heard Lisbon can be dangerous, but I've heard that about most European cities and never had a problem.

Any advice is much appreciated as my plane leaves Friday! 

• Aline Giacobbi

Lisbon is not dangerous, not more dan other cities... No more than Paris, Barcelona... There are some areas more dangerous but I never had trouble. It is just using your common sense. You can walk with a purse outside, there is no problem with that.

Bairro Alto can be a bit more dangerous, because it is crowded and full of tourist, so of course it attracts... But It is definitely a place you should go see at night, go take a drink there with someone. Its full of bars and full of people ( and yes sometimes drunk and yes sometimes they steal) But you don't have to feel scared and you wont because there is so much people.

The cabs are relatively cheap so take one, if you need one :) at night.

Go Rossio , stay there in the area if you dont already have an hotel. Its definitely the centre. People are really kind, i would say the most kind people of Europe. My experience is if you ask your way they almost walk with you to your destination haha.

1. Bairro Alto (neighborhood)
    2. Rossio (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Aline a Thank You Note