• Shipra Mehra
  • "one day visit to Las Vegas for the first time"

Shipra Mehra

New Delhi, India

one day visit to Las Vegas for the first time

Hey. This is my first visit to Vegas. Please suggest must see or do things in Vegas that can be covered in one day. I  will be reaching by 3pm and will be staying overnight.  I am travelling with my brother's family. I would like to gamble a little ( just to experience what it is), see few of the famous (must see) landmarks/attractions, may include most watched show/ride.

Is monorail the best way to move around? Is there a website which can provide all the details like-any prior tickets to be brought,so that we can cover the most & be economical too? I will be staying near the strip. Thanks for helping.

• Manuel Diaz

Hi. I would recommend to visit the most hotels you can. Just by walking them you will be amazed. Walking each hotel should take you like an hour. I will also go to a show. If you like Cirque du Soleil try to go to KA at the MGM Grand Las Vegas. If you prefer magic, also at the MGM Hotel is David Cooperfield. For me those shows are the most representatives of las vegas today. If I were you, this will be my schedule:
    Arrive at you hotel, take a CAB to the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino but ask the cab driver to pass by the Welcome to Las Vegas Original Sign. Stop there and take a picture. Then in Mandalay bay you can walk around and there is a nice aquarium if you like animals (Cost money to enter). After that there is a free monorail to the Luxor Hotel and Casino. There is a Titanic exposition that is really cool (Cost money to enter). Then again take the free monorail to the Excalibur, this hotel I don't like that much but it's right across the street of the New York New York Hotel & Casino, there is a great roller coster (Cost extra money). If you still have time before the show you can walk to the Bellagio Hotel and watch the Belaggio fountains show. It's a must watch and it's free. Another hotels you MUST visit are the Paris Hotel And Casino, Caesars Palace, Treasure Island Hotel & Casino (Just the pirate show outside the casino), Mirage Resort and Casino, The Venetian Resort Hotel & Casino, and Wynn Hotel Las Vegas. You can walk them in that order and you can do them after the show (At least some of them) or next day. For the gambling part, my recommendation it's to gamble a little while you are visiting the different hotels whenever you feel lucky, or once in your hotel before going to sleep. I like gambling at night. HAVE FUN!! And remember, What happened in Vegas, Stays in Vegas!!

• Shipra M.

Shipra M.

Thanks Manuel. This is very elaborate and informative. · (0 likelikes)

• Alica B.

Alica B.

Thanks fir the advice. This place is in the list of place which I want to travel before I die (:P) · (0 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Manuel a Thank You Note