• Allie Stier
  • "Is it better to stay on or off the Las Vegas strip?"

Allie Stier

Portland, Oregon

Is it better to stay on or off the Las Vegas strip?

I'm planning my first trip to Vegas for a fun weekend with friends-- do you recommend getting a hotel on the strip or off the strip? What are your favorite hotels in each? We are hoping to get something affordable.

• Kristal Sajasi

Hi Allie,

I would personally recommend staying on the strip especially if it's your first time. The only reason to go off the strip is if you aren't interested in the night life or budget. However, if you are with your friends and want to enjoy what Vegas is - which let's face it - is basically the strip, then I would highly recommend choosing one there. The traffic is always bad getting to and from destinations so you don't want to have to do this every time you need to get back to your hotel off the strip.

I love staying at the The Cosmopolitan, the crowd is young and I love the rooms. If you want something a little classier (crowd can be a bit older), Bellagio Hotel is always nice (plus I love their bakery and creperie and if you get a room with the fountain view, it's always beautiful). The Cromwell is a newer one with Drai's Beach Club, Nightclub, I haven't stayed there, but you can check it out online.

General Trippy MediaI personally really like The Cosmopolitan and the restaurant China Poblano on the second floor can't be missed!

If you want to stay at a cheaper place, I have heard the renovated rooms at the Luxor Hotel and Casino are nice and don't break the bank.

Hope this helps!

- Kristal

1. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)
    2. Bellagio Hotel (hotel)
    3. The Cromwell (hotel)
    4. Drai's Beach Club, Nightclub (attraction)
    5. The Cosmopolitan (hotel)
    6. Luxor Hotel and Casino (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Kristal a Thank You Note