• Meghan Amarasekera
  • "Laos 2 day adventure adventure "

Meghan Amarasekera

Melbourne, Australia

Laos 2 day adventure adventure

Only passing through Laos for 2 nights. Any recommendations on must-see / do 

• Johanna (TravelEater) Read

Hi Meghan

Laos is an awesome country, but 2 days isn't much time. I hope you chose Luang Prabang as your place to visit, because it is gorgeous!

Luang Prabang, the ancient royal capital of Laos, is a laid back town with excellent food (both street food and restaurants), beautiful wats and friendly people.

In the early morning, it is wonderful to see the town's monks, all in saffron robes, walk through the mists collecting alms. (Beautiful, but remember it isn't a tourist attraction but a religious ritual, so respect and quiet, and not getting too close with your camera, are important).

A popular day day trip is to the Pak Ou Caves - a boat trip down the Mekong to a cave where old Buddha statues are "retired". There are hundreds!

The Luang Prabang Night Market is another site not to be missed. The main street is closed to vehicles at sundown and vendors set up stalls selling all sorts of gorgeous things, including some of the most beautiful textiles you'll ever see.

Here are some more of my tips, especially on where to eat, from an article I wrote for Taste and Travel International magazine: http://traveleater.wordpress.com/laos-eating-high-and-low-in-magical-luang-prabang-in-taste-travel-magazine/

happy travels!

Johanna (TravelEater)

1. Laos (country)
    2. Luang Prabang (city)
    3. Pak Ou Caves (attraction)
    4. Luang Prabang Night Market (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Johanna (TravelEater) a Thank You Note