• Katherine Gaffney
  • "Safari in early June, late may"

Katherine Gaffney

Santa Monica, California

Safari in early June, late may

What would you recommend? Probably want to do 7 days of safari and then go to Zanzibar. Want to know the can't miss parks and any operators that were great.

Thanks.

• Janine St Pierre

I did a Tanzanian safari in late May of 2013 and was very happy with my experience. I did a 4 night tour with Zara Tours zaratours.com and it was the perfect amount of time. Great food, excellent guide and clean, comfy three star hotels. Pricing was all inclusive and included breakfast, boxed lunch and dinner each day...along with guided transportation. My tour was very affordable. Each hotel was nicer than I was expecting...especially the tented wild camp I stayed at just outside the gates to the Serengeti . Amazing! You don't want to miss at least two days in the beautiful Serengeti and at least a day in Ngorongoro ! Also - try and make a stop at a Masai Mara village for an amazing experience. You can read about my experience (and see my amazing wildlife pics from the safari) at the-tipsygypsy.blogspot.ca. I think you are picking a great time to go...it's the very end of the rainy season and there are less crowds. When I was there at the exact same time last year it didn't rain once.

Zanzibar is amazing! I booked in for a luxurious 3 nights at the 5 star Melia Zanzibar Hotel and got a ridiculous deal based on time of year. Then I did a one night stay at the Emerson Spice in Stone Town - which was absolutely incredible...or as they say in Swahili - baabkubwa. Rates are cheap - around $100 - and the rooms are beautiful. Check out there roof-top 5 course tasting menu...for a steal at $30 and be sure to try the cocktail that features the fresh lime, Pemba Island honey and Konyagi. It's the number one rated dining experience on tripadvisor and would rival any five star meal in LA or NYC. Get there in time to see the sun set over the rooftops...an unbelievable experience!

1. Serengeti (region)
    2. Ngorongoro (city)
    3. Masai Mara (city)
    4. Melia Zanzibar Hotel (hotel)
    5. Emerson Spice (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Janine a Thank You Note