• Alecia Sturgill
  • "What to do in Kaua'i for a solo weekend trip?"

Alecia Sturgill

Kailua Kona, Hawaii

What to do in Kaua'i for a solo weekend trip?

Getting ready to spend memorial day weekend on Kauai and looking for some must see/do/eat Ideas. I will have about 2.5 days there which isn't a lot. It'll be my first trip to the island! Plus I'm going solo. Anything is appreciated.

• Rasto Elgr

Kaua'i is definitely my favourite island and 2.5 days is not really much to enjoy the island. But the size of island is manageable and will allow you to do and enjoy various things. The Island has many beaches and every and each is somehow different and has its magic. When it comes to ocean, north shore tends to be more calm in summer, south shore in winter. So adjust your activities accordingly.

I don't really know what you like and prefer to do, but here is a list of some cool stuff you might enjoy in a relatively short time you have:

• Hiking Na'Pali Coast Kalalau Trail. Because of lack of time you can do just part of it to the first waterfall or if you are a good hiker, try to push it to Hanakoa Falls and back (I did it in one day, but it is close to 14 miles round trip)

Hope that helps, enjoy your trip!

1. Kaua'i (island)
    2. Na'Pali Coast State Park (attraction)
    3. Kukuiula Bay (attraction)
    4. Waimea Canyon State Park (attraction)
    5. Wailua River (attraction)
    6. Hanalei Bay (metro area)
    7. Tunnels Beach (attraction)
    8. Limahuli Garden and Preserve (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Rasto a Thank You Note