• Grant Baker
  • "Recommendations for things to do on a 5 day stay in the Princeville area"

Grant Baker

Chicago, Illinois

Recommendations for things to do on a 5 day stay in the Princeville area

Looking for some suggestions on what to do with my lovely fiancee in Kauai this March.

We are staying at a resort in Princeville. We love to find those beautiful secluded spots. It is my first time to the area, and my fiancee's first time to this island. I love beaches that have nobody there with good snorkeling. 

Were considering doing a catamaran cruise to a good snorkel/dive spot (might get certified before going). Also want to do a nice day exploring the rainforest/check some nice waterfalls. Either by doing a nice light day hike or find somebody who does expeditions by jeep. 

Grant

• JR Johnson

There is so much to do/see on Kauai. You guys are going to have a blast.

One thing to mention that if you're there in March there still could be big surf on the Princeville side of the island and the beaches can be pretty treacherous when the surf is big. But Anini Beach is protected by a reef and Hanalei Beach is very tame even when there is big surf.

I would plan on hiking up the Na'Pali Coast State Park. There are some day hikes you can do and depending how aggressive/experienced you are you could probably hike all the way to the Hanakapi 'ai Falls (it's about an 8 mile round trip). You can do shorter 4 mile round trip to the Hanakāpī‘ai Beach. I've never made it all the way to the falls, but the first half is beautiful.

One other thing that i would say is worth the splurge would be a helicopter tour. They fly up the canyons and next to the waterfalls... it's amazing. There are some coupons if you go online to save a few bucks. And they leave right out of Princeville. It's called Sunshine Helicopters - Princeville.

I'll let some other talk about hikes on the other side of the island since i don't know that side too well. But i would say get a plate lunch at North Shore Grindz in princeville since you'll be there. I just answered another question on food here: http://www.trippy.com/question/Kauai-BEST-food-in-Kauai/answer/54b8596ae4b04d5bd4b47d01#answerItemView_54b8596ae4b04d5bd4b47d01 Good answers there too.

Have fun!!

1. Anini Beach (attraction)
    2. Hanalei Beach (attraction)
    3. Na'Pali Coast State Park (attraction)
    4. Hanakapi 'ai Falls (attraction)
    5. Hanakāpī‘ai Beach (attraction)
    6. Sunshine Helicopters - Princeville (attraction)
    7. North Shore Grindz (restaurant)

• ·
    • ·

Send JR a Thank You Note