• Carolann Hughes
  • "Travel itinerary suggestions for Japan?"

Carolann Hughes

Around The World

Travel itinerary suggestions for Japan?

We have bought a 5 day bus pass (gives us bus travel on any 5 days within the next 2 months).  We'd like to leave from Osaka and travel to a few cities to see as much as we can in about 17 days.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good itinerary?

We were thinking Osaka to Tokyo (7 days in Tokyo and exploring Narita and Chiba). Then Tokyo to NIigata for a day trip and then to Kyoto for 2 days. Nagoya for a day. Hiroshima for 5 days and back to Osaka where we can explore Osaka, Nara and Kobe.

Does this sound good? Should we include places like Yokohama, Fukuoka and Shizuoka to see Mt. Fuji?

We know Kyoto is close enough that we may be able to get a cheap bus or train ticket there anyway and save one of our rides for another location.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

• Kyoto (city)

Kyoto

• Tokyo (city)

Tokyo

• Osaka (city)

Osaka

• Lexim Maximus

Make sure you have ample time for Kyoto. Also, not sure what you want to see in Narita, unless you are a fan of the airport. Time better spent in Tokyo traveling the Chuo line West from Shinjuku and exploring the "towns" at the stops along the way. Would give Yokohama a pass, too, unless you want to see a Baystars ballgame (that is fun)--then again seeing the Yakult Swallows at home (in Tokyo) would be even better.

Fukuoka is nice. But if going in that direction and limited time, I would instead suggest Kitakyushu--very different and cool atmosphere.

Mt. Fuji? Meh. Unless you are a big nature/hiking fan, much better taking it in at sunset from a balcony of a bar or some such in Western Tokyo (again, Chuo line).

• Christa G.

Christa G.

There is a great temple complex in Narira! · (0 likelikes)

1. Kyoto (city)
    2. Narita (city)
    3. Tokyo (city)
    4. Shinjuku (metro area)
    5. Yokohama (city)
    6. Fukuoka (city)
    7. Kitakyushu (city)
    8. Mt. Fuji (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Lexim a Thank You Note