• Nancy S
  • "Best places to stay in Jackson, Wyo, under $200/night?"

Nancy S

San Diego, California

Best places to stay in Jackson, Wyo, under $200/night?

Hubs and I will be staying two nights at the end of Sept. in the Jackson/Grand Tetons area. Looking for a reasonably priced hotel/motel with a good bed!

• Elizabeth Way

Nancy, I think it's over $200 a night at this time of year, but we were able to book this place Spring Creek Ranch for $170 a night in the off season. The views are incredible and the dining room fare was exceptional. We even splurged on taking a tour with the resident Naturalist who showed us over a dozen bird species, (he provided the binocs) wildlife and plants in a fun and interesting way on a two-hour tour of the Gros Ventre Wilderness area. (A beautiful preserved area filled with wildlife that we would never have discovered on our own.)

It's also right next door (with in walking distance) of this property: Amangani Resort. There's a bit of a difference in price--I think the rooms here start at $800 a night. I walked through their property and had a drink at the bar. Their views are over the top. But for the price difference, I'd bet on the ranch.

• Valerie A.

Valerie A.

Great answers, Elizabeth! By the way, not sure if you're aware of our mapping feature -- but it's helpful to be able to visualize where places are. Plus, people can click through to them for more information, making your answer more helpful! I've helped you map the places in your answer on a map. In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer :) · (0 likelikes)

• Elizabeth W.

Elizabeth W.

Valerie, thank you. I was wondering how that worked. Any other tips like that would be greatly appreciated! · (0 likelikes)

1. Spring Creek Ranch (restaurant)
    2. Gros Ventre Wilderness (hotel)
    3. Amangani Resort (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Elizabeth a Thank You Note