• Alexis Guinta
  • "Honeymoon Itinerary -- To stay in Siena or Cinque Terre?"

Alexis Guinta

Bloomfield, New Jersey

Honeymoon Itinerary -- To stay in Siena or Cinque Terre?

My fiance and I are planning our 12-day Italian Honeymoon for September 2015. So far, we plan on arriving in Rome on Saturday, September 5 at 7:00pm and staying there for 4 nights.  On Wednesday, we're heading to Venice for one night, followed by Florence for 2 nights. We're having trouble deciding where to spend the next 3 nights before heading back to Rome on Tuesday the 15th. We're flying back home from Rome on the next afternoon. Since it is our honeymoon, and we'll be doing quite a bit of walking/touring on the first part of our trip, we'd like to just relax (for the most part) for the those 3 nights. We'd like to see Siena and Cinque Terre, but doing one night in Cinque Terre and two nights in Siena just seems like a lot of traveling with our luggage. Would it make more sense to stay a third night in Florence and do a day trip to either Siena or Cinque Terre? Which of the two locations would you recommend we spend the relaxation leg of our trip? We can't wait to sit back and relax after a delicious meal with a nice glass of wine after seeing some amazing sights! Thanks in advance!

• Siena (city)

Siena Tuscany

• Cinque Terre (hotel)

Località Foce La Spezia Liguria 19013 0187 815991

• Florence (city)

Florence Tuscany

• Linda V

Are you traveling by car or train? This is important to be able to answer your questions. However, to answer without that information - I would consider 3 days in Rome rather than four. I would also consider skipping Venice unless you are really set on it. It is extremely touristy and crowded and I didn't really enjoy it the last time I was there last May. I love Siena, one of my favorite cities. If you have a car, I would stay outside of Florence and drive to one of the free parking lots overlooking the city and walk in. Much easier. I also love the Cinque Terre, but one day is really not enough. Choose between Tuscany and the Cinque Terre . If you are getting a car, also consider making Rome last on the itinerary so you can drop off the car before you go into Rome and won't have to deal with it at the end of the trip. Additional comments: If it was me going, I would pick up a car in Rome, drive straight to Tuscany and stay 5 nights (maybe base in 2 places for 3 nights/2 nights so you don't have to backtrack a lot, go to the Cinque Terre for 3 nights and stay 3 nights in Rome. You mentioned 12 days, so I only counted 11 nights, but if you have 12 nights I would stay one more night in Tuscany. You will love the relaxing beautiful areas of Tuscany and Cinque Terre. Cities we like in Tuscany besides Florence - Sienna, Montepulciano, San Gimignano, Cortona and more.

3. Siena (city)
    5. Cinque Terre (hotel)
    6. Tuscany (state)

• ·
    • ·

Send Linda a Thank You Note