• Stephanie Cunliff
  • "Weather and accommodations in Ireland during Christmas?"

Stephanie Cunliff

Kansas City

Weather and accommodations in Ireland during Christmas?

Hi everyone!  Thinking of a Christmas trip to Ireland for my husband and I.  I have heard the weather is not the greatest, but am more concerned about finding a hotel that would accommodate us for Christmas and finding a good meal on Christmas!  Any feedback?  Is everything going to be closed?  Can we make this trip work? 

• Christina Keogh

Hi Stephanie,

Ireland will probably not have the best weather for you around Christmas time, it could be wet and cold, but you also might be lucky and get sunny, crisp, clear winter days too (either way, bring a coat, hat, scarf & gloves).

Dublin does not close for Christmas! Well, the pubs are shut Christmas day, and some shops will be closed around that time too, especially outside of the cities, but in Dublin pretty much everything will be open again Boxing Day or the day after. The atmosphere around this time is bustling and friendly.

Most of the larger hotels will be open during the whole of the Christmas period, and do good deals on accommodation. If you want to push the boat out, The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel, is a great place for Christmas lunch, or Parknasilla Hotel & Resort Kerry do luxurious Christmas packages.

1. The Shelbourne Dublin, A Renaissance Hotel (hotel)
    2. Parknasilla Hotel & Resort Kerry (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Christina a Thank You Note