• Jenna Rayburn
  • "Best towns to visit in Ireland"

Jenna Rayburn

Providence, Rhode Island

Best towns to visit in Ireland

Hi everyone!

I'm planning a trip to Ireland next summer and want to hear some suggestions on the best towns I need to visit during my trip. I'll be there for 3 weeks so I'm planning on going all over. Where's a good place to base myself?

• Dingle (attraction)

Dingle

• Galway City (attraction)

Cathair na Gaillimhe Galway Galway

• Maria O'Dwyer

Hi Jenna,

Great suggestions from Joel. I love Dingle too and the Slea Headpeninsula. If you go to Galway City (and it's a great city) think about driving further out along the coast to Connemara - it's a stunning place and drive the Sky Road from Clifden The North West coast of County Donegal is lovely with some amazing beaches. Belfast is worth a look!

I also love Cork and especially the West Cork coast with such beautiful little towns as Skibbereen Schull Ballydehob and Crookhaven.

The Beara peninsula in Cork is also really beautiful. Castletownbere is the main town there. Kinsale has some of the best fish restaurants in Ireland. KinsaleYou should spend a night or two in Dublin and maybe a day in Kilkenny and Cashel

It's really great that you will have 3 weeks to see the country and, try not to rush to see too much. The lovely thing about Ireland is the pace of life here. You could spend a week just chilling in West Cork or a few days walking in the Burren or sailing, surfing, horse riding or mountain climbing. Enjoy the good food, the pubs, the storytelling and the music. Hopefully you will have an unforgettable time!

1. Dingle (attraction)
    2. Slea Head (attraction)
    3. Galway City (attraction)
    4. Connemara (city)
    5. Sky Road (unknown)
    6. Clifden (city)
    7. County Donegal (metro area)
    8. Belfast (attraction)
    9. Cork (city)
    10. Skibbereen (city)
    11. Schull (city)
    12. Ballydehob (city)
    13. Crookhaven (city)
    14. Castletownbere (city)
    15. Kinsale (city)
    16. Dublin (city)
    17. Kilkenny (city)
    18. Cashel (city)
    19. Burren (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Maria a Thank You Note