• Mike Siegel
  • "12 days with Mom around Ireland"

Mike Siegel

Los Angeles, California

12 days with Mom around Ireland

Taking my 79-yr-old Mom on her dream trip to Ireland in late October. I've been before, she has not. Landing into Dublin at 8 am on a Thursday, renting a car, and hitting the road. Flying home from Dublin 11 days later. Definitely stopping in Kilkenny to see her roots. Other than that probably do a loop south and up along the west coast (Ring of Kerry, Dingle, Connemara, etc) then up to Galway. Last 2 or 3 days in Dublin most likely. I still have never seen N. Ireland, and want to see Giant's Causeway and Belfast. Question is, will we have time for Northern Ireland without feeling too rushed?

• Dublin (city)

Dublin

• Belfast (attraction)

Belfast

• Kilkenny (city)

Kilkenny County Kilkenny

• Michelle Geaney

My suggestion would be to head straight up to Northern Ireland from Dublin. That way you will do an anti clockwise loop. 2/3 days there would suffice and head back to the Republic heading west for Galway City/ Clare and down this way towards Munster. Cork/Kerry/ Limerick and from here its about 1.5/2hrs to Kilkenny so your mam could really enjoy her roots before you head back to Dublin. Now thats all just a suggestion and I could do out a much better plan for you if you need it.

Update: Hi Mike. I can read your last question in my notifications but cant find it on the post so ill answer it here. Dublin to Belfast is roughly 2 hours. Donegal to Galway roughly 3. Galway to Belfast is roughly 4 hours. AA routeplanner ireland is a fantastic resource for you to use as you will be driving. Remember up North they use sterling not Euros okay. Be sure to go to Titanic Belfast Ltd.. Definitely the causeway. Have you a hotel in Dublin in mind? Let me know yout to do list and ill mull it over with you

Great recommendations and insight, Michelle! By the way, I'm a community manager here and I've helped you highlight the places in your answer on a map! In the future, you can do this yourself as you answer a question by simply typing the @-symbol followed by the name of the place. Take a look at your map next to your answer. I've also helped you update and consolidate your answers into one so that they can all be viewed at once and all your votes are consolidated :) · (1 likelikes)

1. Northern Ireland (country)
    2. Dublin (city)
    3. Galway City (attraction)
    4. Clare (state)
    5. Munster (unknown)
    6. Cork (city)
    7. Kerry (city)
    8. Limerick (city)
    9. Kilkenny (city)
    10. Belfast (attraction)
    11. Donegal (city)
    12. Titanic Belfast Ltd. (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Michelle a Thank You Note