• Debbie Lee
  • "How has Trippy helped with your travels? "

Debbie Lee

San Francisco, California

How has Trippy helped with your travels?

As a Community Manager here at Trippy, I never tire of hearing about how Trippy has helped our members on their travels! Instead of having these great stories just sit in my inbox, I would love for you to share your stories here for the entire community to see.  

Have you had a Thank You, Trippy moment on a trip? What restaurants, attractions and hotels have Trippy members helped you find? What tips or new places did you discover because of Trippy?

Looking forward to reading your Trippy stories and seeing your photos! :)

• Jacey & Scott Mahaffy

My husband and I travel for work and enjoy using our frequent traveler perks to build our own travel experiences, so we posted a question about things to do and places to eat for our summer trip to NE Canada and much to our surprise, Anthony Bourdain answered our question! He recommended two excellent restaurants in Quebec City and we were not let down.

Quebec City(Changing of the Guard in Quebec City)

One location was on our radar screen and one was so far off the screen that we hadn’t even heard about it. Anthony Bourdain shared, L'Affaire est Ketchup is another personal favorite: down-to-earth, unfailing, hearty Quebecois cooking.” Of course, this piqued our curiosity. We had to try it out!

Our hotel booked our reservation at L’Affaire est Ketchup. Our meal and experience were outstanding! The food was amazing, and my husband had his first go at sweet breads. The best part was being able to see into the kitchen. We got to interact with the crew and felt like we left our evening having met some new friends. This ended up being one of our favorite culinary experiences, and we recommended the restaurant to others we met on our trip looking for an authentic place to eat.

L'Affaire est KetchupWhile on the trip, I posted a similar question about needing a place to celebrate a special occasion in Halifax. It was a bittersweet celebration in memory of my dad and I wanted to honor him. We again received great Trippy answers and had our choice narrowed down to two local places. We didn’t decide where to go until that afternoon, and based it on the recommendations. Ultimately, we went with The Bicycle Thief on the waterfront for the view, which was spectacular.

HalifaxWhy did we choose that one? Well, Halifax local and Trippy member Bethany Dickey recommended it as the best restaurant in Halifax, with the “Best location, food and value for money. I die over the red ravioli, it’s beyond good.” Ryan Williams shares that The Bicycle Thief has “Great atmosphere. Great drinks and great food,” and Lindsay J, a Halifax native, agreed, saying “The Bicycle Thief for Italian, they just opened a champagne bar on their patio.” Thanks to Trippy, we quickly knew we had to try this place. It was amazing!

Since we generally have to plan about a year in advance to utilize our airline miles, we use Trippy to help us decide where to go or what to do while exploring. Earlier in the year, we posted a question about traveling to New Zealand and one about Vietnam (we were trying to decide our February 2015 trip and were down to these two choices). We received excellent responses — such great responses, in fact, that we determined that we couldn’t do everything that we wanted to do in New Zealand in the two-week time frame that we had for this trip (but we’ll try!).

We have already posted our itinerary for our trip to Vietnam, and are amazed with the suggestions. We received great advice on everything from sightseeing, dining options (both higher end and local food stalls), markets, puppet shows, kayaking, cooking classes and wonderful useful general tips. We can’t wait! We plan to ask similar questions in the future to help us narrow down our searches or see if someone provides us with a different angle that we hadn’t thought about!

Merci, Trippy for a great Canadian adventure!!!

Thanks so much for sharing, Jacey! Glad Anthony Bourdain and the Trippy community were able to steer you to some great spots! Looking forward to hearing back about your Vietnam trip :) · (0 likelikes)

1. Canada (country)
    2. Quebec City (city)
    3. L'Affaire est Ketchup (restaurant)
    4. Halifax (city)
    5. The Bicycle Thief (restaurant)
    6. New Zealand (country)
    7. Vietnam (country)

• ·
    • ·

Send Jacey & Scott a Thank You Note