• Kellett Burns
  • "How do you stay fit and healthy on the road?"

Kellett Burns

Los Angeles, California

How do you stay fit and healthy on the road?

My girlfriend and I are getting ready to start a RTW trip for a year and hopefully continue it longer. We have traveled to plenty of places before, but never for an extended period, like we are doing this time. We both like to eat very healthy and stay fit. I was hoping to get some tips about exercising and staying fit while on the road. Thanks so much!

• Taylor Geiger

Hey Kellett,

I'm a personal trainer/ travel nut so staying fit while on the road is a MUST as a part of my job! My 2 favorite pieces of equipment take on the road are:

1) TRX because you can hang it from your doorframe or from a tree or anywhere really & it is a hardcore functional workout! https://www.trxtraining.com/

2) Gliding discs... check out this video to get an idea... http://livewellnetwork.com/Steven-and-Chris/episodes/Full-Body-Workout-Gliding-Discs/8633632

An app which I really love to use is the 7 minute workout app which challenges all your main muscles groups in an effective circuit training format, check it out here: https://7minuteworkout.jnj.com/

Additionally, I always seek out active opportunities everywhere I go and I write about it on my blog dedicated to active travel http://thesportysightseer.com/ Every day I at least walk, often I cycle, run, hike, swim, snorkel, scuba, or try out new gyms or workout studios. One of the best ways for me to learn Spanish was by taking group exercise classes in Spain! And many gyms often offer "free previews" or "guest passes" which y'all could take advantage of on the road.

Hope this helps! Good luck with your trip!

Taylor

• Kellett B.

Kellett B.

Thanks Taylor! Great info. I love trx workouts, they just never crossed my mind to bring along. Cheers! · (0 likelikes)

• jack j.

jack j.

Taylor, really great information and happy to see your impressive and informative post. Your shared links are really useful. I am also a traveler and often spend my time on the road as these days I am going for newbury street boston ma and would like to follow these tips · (1 likelikes)

• ·
    • ·

Send Taylor a Thank You Note