• Adina M
  • "How do you go about planning your trips?"

Adina M

Bucharest, Romania

How do you go about planning your trips?

Guys, I would really appreciate your answers on this question: How do you usually plan your trip? Do you prefer to look for something based on a specific theme ( fishing, wine tasting, romance) and to get everything from one single host (accommodations+ meals+avtivity+ maybe transportation) or would you prefer to create your vacation like a puzzle and to get accommodation from a local, a traditional meal maybe from someone else through a different site and so on? All in all the question is: would you like to find anything in one place and offered by a local or to create your vacatition by buying different options from different locals? Many thanks in advance for your help.

• Josh Barnett

When I travel, the things I look for in a place are a different cultural experience, scenic beauty, great attractions/history, and advice from friends who have been. Pretty much in that order.

I then start to research how to get to this place and look for other destinations to pair it with.

After I have a planned itinerary as far as places to visit and general number of days, I search for award tickets and then book my flight.

Finally I will book hotels, transportation during the trip (car, train, quick flight etc.), and book any main attraction that is a must see.

I prefer traveling slower, more time in one place, in order to really soak it all in.

My next trip is Thailand, Cambodia, and Hong Kong.

My following trip will probably be either Greece or Italy.

• Adina M.

Adina M.

Thank you, Josh. Italy is on my bucket list this summer, too. · (1 likelikes)

1. Thailand (country)
    2. Cambodia (country)
    3. Hong Kong (city)
    4. Greece (country)
    5. Italy (country)

• ·
    • ·

Send Josh a Thank You Note