• Stephen "Sven" Minor
  • "How To Know If You Packed Too Little"

How To Know If You Packed Too Little

Recently I returned from Thailand and Qatar. On my trip I noticed a wide variety of styles of packing. Some had many large and over stuffed suitcases and others had just a backpack only. Also a lot of this was based upon male/female packing style. So my question is this. How do you know if you have over packed or under packed? What is your preference when traveling, Backpack or Suitcase? How do you know what to choose?

• Kumar K.

Kumar K.

http://www.holidify.com/blog/what-to-pack-road-trip/ · (0 likelikes)

• Jaleh Najafali

As a traveler on a smaller budget, I tend to walk most places I go or use public transit over hailing a cab in a city. Because of that, I really prefer packing a backpack over a suitcase. I've seen one too many people try and haul a rolling suitcase across cobblestone to think that's a good idea. When deciding what to actually pack, I try and think of my own necessities (which tend to include two pairs of jeans, toiletries, etc) and then see how much space I have left for any "extras." Jewelry is always left at home for me and so is makeup.

• ·
    • ·

Send Jaleh a Thank You Note