• Jessica Ooi
  • "Affordable things to see/do in Hong Kong (and Macau)?"

Jessica Ooi

Georgetown (Malaysia), Malaysia

Affordable things to see/do in Hong Kong (and Macau)?

Hello, fellow Trippy-ans... Quick question: What are some things to see and do in Hong Kong that doesn't cost a huge dent in the pocket? I'll be there in July for a whole week. Might even stop by Macau for a day trip too and would love some advise on what to see/do in Macau as well. Thank you! :)

• Avivi D.

Avivi D.

lvpad.com is a Chinese inbound tourism platform, which would provide you the best China tour! More surprise are waiting for you at lvpad.com! · (1 likelikes)

• Nick Lenczewski

Hi Jessica,

Hong Kong has lots of great places to hike and some amazing beaches. Tai Long Wan in New Territories is a pretty spectacular beach. You need to hike 1 to 2 hours to get there depending where you come from. The beaches here re very good for swimming. Tai Tam Reservoir on Hong Kong Island also has a great network of trails. Other great places to check out are Tai O on Lantau Island and Mong Kok in Kowloon. I would reccommend walking around these places, eating in the restaurants, going to the grocery store, catching a movie and in general just doing what the local people who are out are doing.

As for Macau I've been there about ten different times and have yet to find many enjoyable things about it. If you want to gamble you should go because then it would probably be a good time. Otherwise give Macau a miss. If you do go I don't think you have to worry about spending money as there is not much to spend money on.

For information on how to get places I would search for some blogs that talk in more detail about each of these places. Have fun, Hong Kong is awesome.

1. Hong Kong (city)
    2. Tai Tam Reservoir (attraction)
    3. Hong Kong Island (island)
    4. Tai O (attraction)
    5. Lantau Island (attraction)
    6. Mong Kok (city)
    7. Kowloon (region)
    8. Macau (region)
    9. Macau (region)
    10. Hong Kong (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Nick a Thank You Note