• maretta krista
  • "Where to honeymoon in November/December "

maretta krista

Washington D.C., District of Columbia

Where to honeymoon in November/December

We are looking into places to honeymoon after our wedding next september. We love to travel and see historic sites we have been to Paris, Rome, London etc. so looking for something new. 

• JR Johnson

Since you normally hit up historical sites but you're looking for something new... hawaii is the right place for it! It's some of the "newest" land on the planet.

Normally i would suggest Kaua'i for a honeymoon and suggest staying over near Hanalei possible splurge at The St. Regis Princeville Resort It's beautiful and tropical with waterfalls running off the nearby moutains. But Kauai is the oldest of the Hawaiian Islands... so let's move to the newer/younger end of the island chain... the Kona

The Big Island (Kona) is the newest of the all the hawaiian islands, in fact it's actually currently still expanding. There is something unique about this island... it feels different. I personally attribute to the fact that you're standing on some of the newest land on the planet. It also looks so different. Part of the island looks like you're on Mars because it's pretty much one big lava flow down to the water.

There are many nice resorts on the island, but for a honeymoon, i think you should go big! Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu . This could be one of the nicest hotels in the world. Even if you don't stay there, it's a great place to have dinner. They have a restaurant down near the water called Beach Tree which is casual and has a great view at sunset. They have a couple other more expensive dining options there, but i found Beach Tree to be the best because of the outside seating and the views.

There are oher places to stay nearby, and save some money. One would be, Fairmont Orchid Hawaii which is a very nice place in it's own right with nice views, private snorkeling beach and big pool, it's more of a traditional big hawaiian resort that you would expect to find in Wailea Beach . Another favorite place of mine is the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel which has an amazing beach, but it's more of a family place so not ideal for a honeymoon. Lunch and trip to beach there could a nice afternoon though.

On the big island there is plenty to keep you busy too. Great waterfalls and some easy day hikes. The Akaka Falls was nice and the Waipio Valley is beautiful.

If you're not feeling Big Isand, the Hotel Hana Maui and Honua Spa is pretty secluded and romantic and great for a honeymoon and just relaxing.

Have fun!! I'm jealous!

• maretta k.

maretta k.

Jr. J thanks so much for your suggestions. This is where we were looking to go but we were worried it might bet to cliche. Your suggestions are awesome though and definitely something we will look into. · (1 likelikes)

• JR J.

JR J.

I can see how you'd think it could be a bit cliche because it such a popular destination and there are plenty "tourists" along with the standard tourist trappings. But if you appreciate unique geography and geology the big island unbeatable. They say it has 11 of 13 of the worlds climate zones all on the one island! Truly unique. · (0 likelikes)

1. Kaua'i (island)
    2. Hanalei (city)
    3. The St. Regis Princeville Resort (hotel)
    4. Kona (island)
    5. Four Seasons Resort Hualalai at Historic Ka'upulehu (hotel)
    6. Beach Tree (restaurant)
    7. Fairmont Orchid Hawaii (state)
    8. Wailea Beach (attraction)
    9. Mauna Kea Beach Hotel (hotel)
    10. Akaka Falls (attraction)
    11. Waipio Valley (attraction)
    12. Hotel Hana Maui and Honua Spa (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send JR a Thank You Note