• Hollman Silva
  • "Best places to visit in Hawaii?"

Hollman Silva

Bogota

Best places to visit in Hawaii?

What are the top 10 of places to visit in Hawaii if I only have one week?

• Chiara B. Townley

The Big IslandI visited three islands for my Honeymoon: The Big Island Kauai O'ahuso I can't speak for Maui but my favorite is Big Island for two unique amazing experiences: Kilauea Iki TrailIt doesn't happen every day to walk on sedimented lava of million years. My advice is to go in the afternoon because you have to wait for the dark to see the caldera of the vulcano Kilauea glowing in the night sky. It takes a couple of hours to do the trail (you will be tired) then you can visit the museum waiting for the sunset. The other must is stargazing night: http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/info/vis/visiting-mauna-kea/star-gazing-program.html. There are free telescopes that you can use and volunteers astronomers available. I saw Saturn and Jupiter with the moons. Just remember to bring a heavy sweater if you plan to go up there ;)

Visit my Travel Blog for more travel tips!

1. The Big Island (island)
    2. Kauai (island)
    3. O'ahu (island)
    4. Kilauea Iki Trail (unknown)

• ·
    • ·

Send Chiara a Thank You Note