• Katie MCarthy
  • "Must-see spots during cross country Germany and Czech Republic trip"

Katie MCarthy

Columbus, Ohio

Must-see spots during cross country Germany and Czech Republic trip

My friends and I are hashing out the details to our Germany and Czech Republic trip for early next summer!  We're starting up north and working our way down south  Here's whats on the itinerary:

• Hamburg -- 3 days
  • Berlin -- 3 days
  • Leipzig -- 3 days
  • Dresden -- 3 days
  • Prague -- 4 days

We'll most likely take trains from city to city since my experience has been that public transportation is pretty good there, but if anyone has any other suggestions, we'd love to hear.

Also, we'd love recommendations on what to do, see, and eat in those cities!  The group will be three guys and two girls in our late 20s - 30s.  This is a big trip so we're a little budget conscious, but if something's worth the money, we'll splurge!  Thanks!

• Mandy R.

That's a great route! I am originally from Dresden and live in Berlin nowadays.

About Berlin me and other travelers already wrote some ideas here:
    I am going to Berlin in a couple of weeks, any suggestion of places that I must visit?
    (also search for other questions about Berlin on Trippy and you will find some great suggestions).

Leipzig is a beautiful city, it is quite small and you can walk around easily. There's a Beer Exchange is taking place at the Alte Messe in July, this could be fun. ;)

Dresden is beautiful in summer, especially the district Dresden-Neustadt is great, lots of bars and nice places to hang out. A nice post: 48 Hours in Dresden.

Transportation: Instead of taking the train (which is pretty expensive) you could take long distance busses which become more and more popular for traveling in Germany.

Unfortunately all their websites are in German only. Here a link to a "search engine" which checks all available providers and lists the prices: http://www.busliniensuche.de/

Enjoy your trip!

• Katie M.

Katie M.

Thank you so much for directing me to all these places, Mandy! Good to know about that bus. I've only taken trains around the part of the world, so nice to know that buses there are good, too. I can't wait to embark on this trip! :) · (0 likelikes)

1. Berlin (city)
    2. Leipzig (city)
    3. Alte Messe (attraction)
    4. Dresden (city)
    5. Dresden-Neustadt (attraction)

• ·
    • ·

Send Mandy a Thank You Note