• Katie Warshaw
  • "Best city to study abroad in Spain?"

Katie Warshaw

Amherst, Massachusetts

Best city to study abroad in Spain?

I will be studying abroad in Spain next spring- the problem is I haven't decided where! I know that I'm not going to Madrid or Barcelona (too many American students!) although I will certainly take weekend trips to those cities. Right now I'm choosing between Granada, Sevilla, Córdoba, Valencia, Cádiz, and Toledo. A little about me:

• Very proficient in Spanish
  • Looking to do a homestay or live with Spanish students
  • Studying History, Art History and Architecture
  • Want a city with lots goin' on- nightlife, festivals, etc

Which city should I choose? Any and all input is welcomed and appreciated! Thanks in advance.

• Tony Wright

We expected to love Granada most on our 2 week tour of Spain, but we really loved Seville more. The Spaniards we hung out with universally agreed that Cordoba (Spain) was their favorite town in Spain. A friend and serious lover-of-Spain said her favorite town is Cadiz, which looks gorgeous.

CadizHands down the most gorgeous town we went to in Spain was Ronda-- it's on top of a massive rocky plateau that has a huge crack in it, so they built a bridge to join the two halves. Hemingway and Orson Welles spent a lot of time there. Not big enough to base out of maybe, but you should make a point to see it. Here's a photo or two of the bridge and one of the view from town.

RondaRondaRonda

• Katie W.

Katie W.

Thanks, Tony! Both Cordoba and Cadiz sound wonderful. And that bridge in Ronda looks epic!! I'll definitely make a point to check it out. · (0 likelikes)

1. Granada (city)
    2. Seville (city)
    3. Cordoba (Spain) (city)
    4. Cadiz (city)
    5. Ronda (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Tony a Thank You Note