• Taylor Geiger
  • "Best Christmas markets and what to do there?"

Taylor Geiger

New Orleans, Louisiana

Best Christmas markets and what to do there?

Your advice about the best Christmas markets in Germany? As well as what to see and do at each one? I am planning on hitting Dresden, Berlin, Nuremberg, and Munich this December... but I am open to adding another city as well. What are your best tips for experiencing Germany during a Christmas holiday? Thanks!!

• Oliver S

I have been on the Christmas Markets in Dresden and in Nuremberg (I lived there several years) and I like them very much. But my favorite Christmas Market in Germany is in a little town called Rothenburg Ob der Tauber, which is a 1:15 hour drive from Nuremberg. Another little and wonderful town to visit is Dinkelsbuhl, but I haven't visited the Christmas Market there. Maybe this year. ;)

1. Rothenburg Ob der Tauber (attraction)
    2. Dinkelsbuhl (city)

• ·
    • ·

Send Oliver a Thank You Note