• Caitlin Osh
  • "France or Italy for honeymoon?"

France or Italy for honeymoon?

French Riviera, Provence and Paris or Tuscany and Amalfi coast  for honeymoon? planning 2 weeks mid June and would like to stay under $12,000. Focus is on culture, meeting locals, food, wine and relaxation. Nothing touristy and no traditional sightseeing! 

• Amalfi (city)

Amalfi Campania

• Capri (city)

Capri Campania

• Positano (city)

Positano

• Victoria Ancheva

Caitlin, congrats on this special event! Gosh, what a hard choice. I have lived in both countries and we spend almost each summer in South of France. I love both destinations and it is a matter of what you want really. Food, culture and wine-wise both countries will give you the best memories. Budget will do for both, you just need to know tricks and avoid paying more. Trust me, both countries will give you plenty of romantic memories.

If you want to spend a little bit time here and there, see more and explore more culture (think Florence ) - I'd choose Italy. In France I suggest renting a charming house in between Riviera and Provence and just explore surroundings by bike or by car every day/other day. I highly recommend Le Luc Le Thoronet - they are incredibly cute, not far from St Tropez and prices and way less that on the coast. Beach is also around 40 minutes away. My favorite is Port Grimaud , by the way. Grimaud up on the hill is also a must-visit. We loved to go to the town for the local bakery, chat with locals. We found amazing olive plantations and wineries all around there. Sometimes we brought an empty big bottle to fill up with delicious rose for the villa.

If you will eventually go to Provence, visit Les Baux-de-Provence , Saint-Remy-de-Provence and Bonnieux - besides being scandalously beautiful, they have have so many wineries and farms with honey, olive oil and other local produce - it will be a sin to miss it.
    I can go on and on about it:).

In Italy I love Castiglione right next to Amalfi and Positano .

Definitely go and spend several days in Florence (highly recommend The Westin Excelsior, Florence , ask for the room with balcony facing the river - it is romantic creme de la creme of the city). Man, you are going to experience food amazingness there - think Prosecco, Tuscan steak, truffles and chestnut gelato.

Decisions, decisions:)

2. Le Luc (region)
    3. Le Thoronet (city)
    4. Port Grimaud (attraction)
    5. Grimaud (city)
    6. Les Baux-de-Provence (attraction)
    7. Saint-Remy-de-Provence (city)
    8. Bonnieux (city)
    9. Castiglione (attraction)
    10. Amalfi (city)
    11. Positano (city)
    12. The Westin Excelsior Florence (hotel)

• ·
    • ·

Send Victoria a Thank You Note