• Bianca Sousa
  • "Good cruise destinations that leave from Fort Lauderdale?"

Bianca Sousa

Miami, Florida

Good cruise destinations that leave from Fort Lauderdale?

I've lived so close to Fort Lauderdale for so long, yet have never taken advantage of that huge port that's almost in our backyard.  Hoping to change that this fall!  Does anyone have any suggestions as to what cruise line, ships, or destinations that I should look into?  I know that a lot of people travel to Fort Lauderdale from other states and even countries to take cruises, but I'm not even sure where to start looking.

I should add that I'm totally new to cruises and am actually taking my very first one from Seattle to Alaska this summer, so please excuse my very newbie question!  Thanks in advance! :)

• Bo N.

Bo N.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Exciting_Deals/XcitingDeals_cel_tues.pdf · (0 likelikes)

• Keith Spence

Cruises are great! I have a big appetite, so one of the parts that I love most about cruises is that all the food is included, and it's really good food, too. The amenities are usually fantastic as well, as are the people who work aboard.

The two times that I've set sailed from Fort Lauderdale, it was to go to the Eastern Caribbean with Princess Cruise. Both times we went on different ships and to different places that included Princess Cays, Saint Martin, St Thomas, and Turks and Caicos. Its been a few years, but I think there were a couple more. It was great. My wife and our friends really enjoyed our trips.

You should look into going to Eastern Caribbean with Princess Cruise. We booked through a travel agency, but you may be able to book from their website as well. You can probably also see all their different packages and tours on their site. I don't remember the name of the ships that I went on, but now that I've been on two of them, which were fantastic, I imagine that their entire fleet would be pretty comparable.

• Sunil G.

Sunil G.

+1 on the food! · (3 likelikes)

• Bianca S.

Bianca S.

Good to know that I'll be well-fed! Very important ;) Thank you for the Princess Cruise suggestion. The Caribbean sounds fantastic. Looking them up now! · (1 likelikes)

• Keith S.

Keith S.

You're welcome. Good luck choosing a cruise! · (0 likelikes)

• Renee S.

Renee S.

I just returned from a western Caribbean cruise that is offered from Ft. Lauderdale on Norwegian Cruise Lines. We really enjoyed visiting Roatan, Honduras and Costa Maya, Mexico. In Roatan we went horseback riding and zip lining, In Costa Maya we visited the ruins and a beautiful resort called Bacalar Lagoon, You can do many interesting excursions on the Western Caribbean cruises--some are adventure oriented like scuba diving, rafting, ATV's, and of course, most cruises have an over abundance of delicious food. The Norwegian Dawn also had excellent shows on board and the crew was exceptionally warm. · (2 likelikes)

Awesome suggestion, Keith! Sounds like this would be a great trip! By the way, Renee, your suggestions are also great, so you should post it as a stand alone answer that people can vote and comment on as well! Simply copy it and paste it into the answer box towards the bottom of the page. I'm the community manager here, so just let me know if you have any questions :) · (0 likelikes)

1. Fort Lauderdale (city)
    2. Saint Martin (island)
    3. St Thomas (city)
    4. Turks and Caicos (country)

• ·
    • ·

Send Keith a Thank You Note